ATI 4850 bad performance

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
k, some1 tell me, is it normal to get same performance from a 4850 compared to a 9600GT?

Cause thats what i`m getting ... 3Dvantage 5300 with 4850 and 5100 with 9600GT. I bet its the stupid AMD drivers that SUCK HARD.
I had to switch to ati fss, now i`m thinking of selling the card and get a 250gts or whatever, anything .
Otehr problems are i cant use 75Mhz anywhere, on desktop, in games, or i get flickering red dots allover the screen, clearly a driver bug, and yes my lcd can do 75 i used 75 with my 9600gt.

Movies are all pixelated in VLC.

Clear sky performance is: 25fps on HIGH, and i was playing it on HIGH with my 9600GT.

What the ****. i mean What the ****. Ripped by ATI.

Their forum sucks hard, login problems, no support, no1 answering my questions, NOTHING. I mean i wanted to make an AMD only PC, wanted to buy a 7850BE and a new AMD mobo, i wanted to switch from nvidia but OMFG they suck hard. Now i want nvidia BACK.

IMHO, PEBKAC
Also, your doing it wrong.

Perhaps you could calm down a little and post some system specs.
What PSU are you using?
Did you propperly clean the old nVidia drivers before installing the 4850?
What monitor/resolution are you using?
Are you now using a DVI connection where you were using a VGA before?

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
a clean install + drivers that good enough for u? or maybe some old drivers were left behind after format...

use my info screen for specs fss, do i really have to rewrite them each time?

its all there except i use the 4850 now not the Gt, i`ll update that later altough its not a happy update.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
No, always used a dvi

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
I would probably do a reformat if i switched brands....this guy sounds like he is 14....i love reading reviews at newegg by people just like him...its the products fault :??:

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009

guess what u 14 year old, thats what i did Jesus, thats what i always do when i get soemthing new.

Or do i have to spell it out for u..?
and i dont buy from newegg cause i`m not from there fss....
dont come to my post anymore ure not helping ... ure activating my e`mail notificator for nothing.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
AND...i didnt say the card is busted, the damn drivers are...ati cant make a proper driver.

The card stays cool in the 47C area and around 55 in a game. His did a good job with the cooler but ati sux supporting its GPU.
waiting for the 9.5 driver to release to test...maybe maaybe some of the bugs will go away.

Well, I was not sure before but I am going to go ahead and call TROLL on this thread.
If you are not a troll, I can defiantly see why no one would help you anywhere else.
Have fun under your bridge.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
haha well yeah thats what ussualy happenes when something is really broken, ppl dont know what it is and they dont wana try to fix it. Its clearly a driver problem cause i get 10 more fps with the 9.3 drivers. in same place of clear sky, same settings.

Ati/Amd support ignores the whole deal saying to reinstall the drivers again and again lol...suure.

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
And i said "I would reformat" as in i would do it...believe me im following your jackassery filled posts posts...

Yeah guys i believe we can go ahead on this guys statement that ati can't make a proper driver or cards...better alert all of the owners and potential buyers....all of those guys with ati setups running perfectly here are really going to be torn up about it...

Hmmm im just going to throw this out there....does it not strike you oddly that you are the only person spamming some ill spellt bullshit that ati can't do this or messed up that? hmmmm

hmmm it would seem i read in the past that gta iv got around 5 fps increase with a newer driver from nvidia....*** MY NVIDIA CARD SUCS NIVDIA DRIVERS SUCK OMG THIS SUCKS OMG OMG WTF! NVIDIA CANT MAKE DERVERS RIGH OR NUFFN GAWD THEY SUCK...

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Sounds like your already in wonder land.

Theres no issues with ATI's drivers. Millions of us are using them with no problems. Tom's tests every new card ATI comes out with and theres no mention of bad drivers even by the reviewers.

This is obviously a user error.

1) ATI requires a 450w or greater power supply for a HD4850, you have a 370w power supply. Any red flags jumping out at you?
2) Your cpu is probably bottlenecking the HD4850 at the resolution your playing at (of course you STILL haven't told us even though we asked)
3) STALKER is extremely intense game and also brings my rig to a crawl. I only get decent FPS if I turn down dynamic lighting.

thats old, i use a 420W thermaltake PSU comes recomended for a 4850. Second my rezolutios is standard 19" 1280.1024. Lowest rezolution ever these days...unless ure a 15" user.

Its not the PSU, maybe its the CPU but still....why am i getting pixelated movies now, why cant i use 75Mhz on my monitor? And why so (STILL) low performance...cause admit it its kinda to low.

Whats ure 4850 score? Anyway ... if 9.5 dosnt fix anything and vista64 dosnt improve anything guess resell it altough i`ll loose some cash in it and finish this altough i like the His screwdriver .

Btw, 3dvantage installed Ageya Physix , is it ok to leave it installed for further testings in vantage? does it conflict or whatever with Ati cards?

I know my typing looks bad, sry, but i had a bad day ... dont feel like checking for typos.

jassao

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
it seems you have a fixation with 75mhz, you now there's very little difference between 60mhz and 75mhz? try 60mhz that should improve your fps, if you still say "nvidia does it better" then go with nvidia.

We will waiting for you after you post a new thread "Nvidia gt260 bad performance"
"...and so my 9600gt is getting the same score than my 260, wft 260 sucks hard..."

"anyone running an lcd monitor at more than 60 Hz is damaging the screen"

No, not necessarily. Some 75Hz LCD monitors exist.

My 2 cents:

Dude,
What you need to do is a VARIETY of benchmarks. Get 3DMark2000/2001/05/06 etc. Run "World in Conflict", do some benchmarks of real games. Maybe Crysis with the addon.

Even cards that should normally be far apart come close in some circumstances.

Get a minimum of 5 different benchmarks. I'd expect a 30 to 60% average FPS increase.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
i got 9.5, VLC works fine now , got a 20 increase in fps in clear sky now i got around 40 where i got 20 with the busted 9.4 bad drivers same place in the game.

And thx to someone in the & forums i found out why i coudnt use 75Hz but thx to the nice welcoming party on these forums i wont post that fix, a registry fix. Who has the problem PM me. Also tested monitor with a VGA cable and i could use 75hz no problem in desktop but not in games, weird.

gl and i was right, Ati drivers suck hard.

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

Yeahp i can concur...i have a well its kind of high class business aimed lenovo monitor...it works just fine at 75hz and actually defaulted to 75hz when i hooked my 9800GTX+ system up to it...

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Jesus all the ppl i know have 75hz at their LCD...i didnt say i dont have the option to run at 75hz anymore, i have it. it was bugged, i dunno now works fine. Also my iiYama dosnt work very well at 2ms under 60hz from what their support said. So i was 75 dependent.

rags_20

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
I get 6900 GPU score and P7250 with my rig. So, maybe your other components are holding it back.
Just saw your specs. I don't think you can expect any more performance with that CPU.

Please close the thread mods...

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

AH!

No wonder...he may as well be cpu limited....i should eventually test my amd 4400+...

I tend to spend more time playing games and working on it than running little benchmarks that say oh you need an upgrade this guy has a higher score *rolls eyes*

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
You dont know any smart people do you?

Theres no issues with 9.4 drivers, its all in your head.

buzz off, u dont know what i`m talking about, do i really have to take a frikin picture and show what happenes on my screen with 75hz ??? if 75hz gets flickiring red dots but 60 isnt then its either a broken dvi cable, GPU problem or driver problem. I bet its bad driver. Stop saying that 9.4 is good cause its not. Its allover google.

And if ure so smart...cough*not*cough" ... explain why i coudlnt use 75hz ...if i install Vista or XP it works perfectly. TELL MEE u smart lil man.

btw replaced dvi cable, used an LG monitor that uses 75hz right now on win xp. Same problem.

If u cant go to sleep and stop spamming bullwack ...

and dunno how to call u but what the fluck is the problem with using 75hz ?? WHAT? U seem to hate 75hz, u see it as something that shouldnt even exist. WTF is ure problem. 75 is better, helps my eyes. U must be using 2" thick glasses and 3 protective screens ...

and btw wtf u doing here, ure using Vista, u dont know what i`m talking about, this is a win7 issue with the catalyst 9.4 drivers win7

later maybe i`ll do a test, 1 with the 9.4 and with the 9.5 to show u the perf increase i got, almost 20fps, playing Crysis on high 4x with 35+ fps. The 9.4 gave me 20-25fps in clear sky, the 9.5 gives me what i was execting, 35-40. All Maximum, dx9, cant use dx10, crashes, some bug i guess. Thats enough "living" proofe that 9.4 was not good. Wonder if the mondey release of 9.5 will include even more fixes and stuff..

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

No freaking wonder there are problems going on here....has this even been mentioned in the thread?

jesus_facepalm.jpg

You do know Win7 is not finished, right?
It is in the RC (Release Candidate) stage.
This means it is still being tested and, among other things like it not being finished yet, the drivers are probably not fully optimized yet.
A RC is not intended to be a primary OS as it may still have many hidden flaws.
If it works how you want in a mature OS like Vista or Xp, maybe you should use said OS.

How about this.
Install Vista (or Xp, whichever you have) then compare your old card to the new one.
If you are still having issues then, learn 2 grammar, come back and post like a grown up.