Which air cooler do YOU find is the best?

Which air cooler do you think is the best?

• Coolermaster V10 Hybrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noctua NH-D14

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Zalman CNPS9900MAX

• Coolermaster V8

• Thermaltake Frio

• Coolermaster V6 GT

• Total voters

juicycrapachino

Distinguished
May 8, 2010

Well with shipping the Noctua is $92:00 and the Corsair is $101:00 + $15 Mail and Rebate...

juicycrapachino

Distinguished
May 8, 2010

Sounds interesting, do you have a link so I can further investigate?

juicycrapachino

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
Nevermind about the link I found it. Now since you got me into watercooling, I have around $700 to spend and need about $200-250 for a new case. My specs are: CPU: AMD Phenom X4 955 @ 4.0GHz Mobo: Asus M4A89TD Pro Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 @ 940/1375 PSU: Thermaltake TR-2 850W Hard Drive DVD Drive Small mid tower case... Do you have any good solutions for a kickass water cooling setup that you could shine some light on?

juicycrapachino

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
Ive been looking at that case thinking "I'm never going to be able to afford this." But now that I look at it from a watercooling point of view, I can see why it's so expensive. Thanks, I'll add that to the list.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Nevermind about the link I found it. Now since you got me into watercooling, I have around $700 to spend and need about $200-250 for a new case. My specs are: CPU: AMD Phenom X4 955 @ 4.0GHz Mobo: Asus M4A89TD Pro Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 @ 940/1375 PSU: Thermaltake TR-2 850W Hard Drive DVD Drive Small mid tower case... Do you have any good solutions for a kickass water cooling setup that you could shine some light on?

Sure, I can help ya out. What all are you trying to accomplish? What budget? What components?

Forget WCing RAM, MB, NB, SB...not really worth it...so go from there.

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/226970-water-cooling-essential-threads.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256607-29-watercooling-read-first

Agree with not WC RAM, not agree with not WC NB and SB.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
NB would be the only one at this point I'd say you could have justification for WCing. SB...not as much. Also, most of the blocks are fairly restrictive compared to CPU/GPU blocks.

Ultimately, it's the buyer's choice.

Just because they make a waterblock for it, doesn't necessarily mean it benefits from being watercooled.

My preference:

EK Supreme HF (I own one)>Koolance 360>Heatkiller.

P.D. Sidewindercomputers or Performance-PCS has the same components more cheap that Frozen CPU.

juicycrapachino

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
I've got about a $700 budget, I will probably end up buying a Corsair 800D case so thats about $270 so go from there... I'll continue looking into those sites saint19.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
FrozenCPU has a ton of stuff, but you're right...typically at higher cost. I'll compare prices and components there, and resort back to them if I can't find what I want elsewhere for cheaper.

I bought the Swiftech MCP655-D pump for $74.95 on sidewindercomputers, Akasa mounting kit for SSD for $10.95 and the 3xSilver KillCoils for $5.99 for a $103.87 total plus shipping.

On Frozen CPU the same components cost: Pump $104.95, Akasa mounting kit $11.95 and 3xSilver KillCoils $6.99, total $ 137.87 plus shipping.

OP: Don't forget the Silver KillCoils on your loop and use distiller water or di-ionized water.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
^Yeah, I agree.

They do have a crap load of selection, though. I just am not a fan of the higher prices, but sometimes it's one of the only place to find specific blocks, and they have one of the largest selections of per-card, GPU full cover blocks by various brands.

Pumps can be found cheaper elsewhere, as well as some rads.

juicycrapachino

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
It's going to take some time for me to look through both sites and compare pricing, selection, and shipping costs. Not to mention how much more difficult it is to look through Performance-pcs.com' catalogs as their sorted by brand and not just laid out in front of me... anyways I look forward to ordering and seeing how disasterous I can turn this into...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Juice-

Just make sure you do some planning and know what you want to do before you start ordering. Understanding the basic and intermediate concepts really makes a difference over just diving in head-first. There is a TON of useful information floating around, some is linked my sig and elsewhere. You've at least begun to help yourself...learning on your own now helps you understand what to ask for help with, later.