How to join two hard drives using xp

G

Hello,
i have two computers with hard drives 37.2 giga and 37.5 giga both are runnig XP. i wish to know whether it is possible to joi both hard drives inorder to have a computer with a hard drive of 74.7 giga running xp still.it is critical pls help if you can i'm in danger pls help me fast

popatim

Titan
Before you proceed, keep in mind that if one disks fails you will loose all your data.

The first step is to move all important data to the C: drive and back it up.

You will need to open disk management, Run diskmgmt.msc (by that I meant click start, click run, type in diskmgmt.msc and hit enter)
Delete all partitions on the drive that is not C:
Convert both drives to dynamic.
Now in the C: drive partition, right click and select 'Extend Volume'
The extend volume wizard will come up. Press 'ok' to get to the 'select disks' window. Any available space on your dynamic disks will be displayed in the left hand box. Choose the space you'd like to use and click 'add' then 'next' and 'finish.' XP will format the blank space and add it to the current partition, no reboot required.

marcellis22

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
If you're in danger, just call the police! What you want to do is create a RAID 0, not smart, and I might call the police to save you from yourself. Spend $40 and get a new 160GB hard drive. It doesn't appear you have the brains to do the RAID correctly anyway...

popatim

Titan
Theres no need to call people brainless. Why so rude? For all we know this is a 10yr old just learning. Weren't we all there at one point.

back on topic, a raid 0 would require reinstalling the OS. Spanning doesn't. A raid is nearly twice as fast as a span. Both presents nearly the full size of both drive combined for use. You cannot use windows software raid on your OS/boot drive, you must have a raid controller on your motherbd or a controller card installed in your pc to have a bootable raid 0. In both cases if either drive dies all your data on the drives will be lost.