the collector

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
ALRIGHT EXPERTS. WHY IS THE FOLLOWING VIDEOCARD SO CHEAP. IT IS AN OVERCLOCKED GTX 260. OTHER CARDS OVERCLOCKED TO THESE SPEEDS TEND TO BE 40 DOLLARS MORE THAN THIS CARD. AM I MISSING SOMETHING? IS THERE SOMETHING THIS CARD SHOULD HAVE THATS MISSING? OR IS THIS A STEAL?

IM NOT VERY TECH SAVVY SO I DONT KNOW HOW TO HYPERLINK, SO YOU WILL HAVE TO COPY AND PASTE THIS IHNTO YOUR WEB BROWSER. SORRY BOUT THAT.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127430

the collector

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
whats the big deal with writing in caps? apparently there is some universal rule that means i am yelling if i write in cap locks? writing in cap locks is easier because you do not have to worry about capitalizing anything. it should be the only way to type. whatever :pfff:

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
I'm like you when it comes to taking a second look at what is seemingly a good deal. I have the XFX GTX 260 that I overclock from 576/1000 to 750/1150 and it stays as cool as its stock speed on load and idle.

I also have overclocked versions from MSI of the 9800 GT and 8800 GTS 320 and they run very hot, very fast, and takes longer to cool down. So now I stay away from MSI. It could be why the next MSI model for that card is dual fan.

the collector

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
yea, that makes sense. it proabably runs hot as hell. maybe im better off buyin the dual fan card. im going to buy two for sli, i hope the performance remains solid.