Solved

1333 ram overclocked to 1600

I got these Kingston 1333mhz CL7 1,65v rams overclocked to 1600mhz. In order to do that i loosened the timings a bit to 8-8-8-20. All is running fine with IBT, prime95 and memtest. I wanted to ask about the other settings on the Bios. I use expert selection on the module timings and changed only the first 5 settings (8-8-8-20). Now there are some other settings on the RAM which i have left on AUTO. Should i be doing anything there or the 5 first numbers are the ones that can be edited? For instance when i had these running 1333 CL7 Cpu-Z showed on the SPD 7-7-7-20 tRFC 72 Cycles and now it shows 8-8-8-20 tRFC 88 Cycles.
Is that ok?
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1333 overclocked 1600
  1. What are the rest of your specs?
  2. i5 750 oc'ed to 160 BCLK with turbo, ga-p55-usb3 mobo, cooled with hyper 212+.

    The question is about the Expert section on the advanced memory settings which i can manually enter all the possible values of the ram. I just entered the first 5 numbers (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and left all the other on AUTO. I was wondering if i should edit the other values also (tRFC, tRRD, etc.)
  3. darkling said:
    i5 750 oc'ed to 160 BCLK with turbo, ga-p55-usb3 mobo, cooled with hyper 212+.

    The question is about the Expert section on the advanced memory settings which i can manually enter all the possible values of the ram. I just entered the first 5 numbers (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and left all the other on AUTO. I was wondering if i should edit the other values also (tRFC, tRRD, etc.)


    No, yo don't need change anything else. Look for "Command rate" option and try with 1T, gives you a little more performance.
  4. I remember looking at the SPD on CPU-Z, because i am at work now, and it had the following values : 8 - 8 - 8 - 20 / tRFC 88 Cycles / Command Rate CR 1T
  5. If you already have the 1T, it's ok.
  6. Yeah i guess it was all set just wanted to make sure. Also the Windows experience index rated the new ram 7.7 while on 1333 cl7 was 7.5, so i guess this was an upgrade. I was sure it could run 1600 on CL8, the next fastest ram kit from Kingston with that specs is visually the same as my kit (same heat spreaders etc.). I guess you buy the guarantee that it will work on rated specs if you don't want to try yourself.
  7. Remember that running the RAM at not rated speds void the warranty and reduc ethe lifespan of your RAM.
  8. The warranty is lifetime, i am planning to keep this setup a bit less than that lol
  9. saint19 said:
    Remember that running the RAM at not rated speds void the warranty and reduc ethe lifespan of your RAM.



    If i use the same QPI\Vtt Voltage and DRAM Voltage do i have any trouble by doing that? I mean in both cases for 1333 cl7 and 1600 cl8 i use 1.21 QPI and 1.66 dimm voltage. I didn't touch anything there.
  10. darkling said:
    If i use the same QPI\Vtt Voltage and DRAM Voltage do i have any trouble by doing that? I mean in both cases for 1333 cl7 and 1600 cl8 i use 1.21 QPI and 1.66 dimm voltage. I didn't touch anything there.


    If you have the RAM stable and this point, don't change anything.
  11. saint19 said:
    If you have the RAM stable and this point, don't change anything.


    I have it stable and not planning to change anything, the first one who doesn't want my setup to fry is me. I just replied to the "reducing the life span" comment you made. I thought the lifespan is shortened by applying more voltage than spec which i do not do in my case ( i select 1.66 because the next available option is 1.64)
  12. Best answer
    You are in the voltage specs, so, theres not problem.
  13. Best answer selected by darkling.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Kingston Overclocking