PLEASE HELP ME--IM GOIN NUTS!!!

mike2201

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
ok, i just built a pc with an asus m3n78-vm mobo which has an nvidia 8200 gpu built into the board. everything works great untill i install the drivers for the nvidia. as soon as i do it i get the blue screen of death. i even tried the drivers from their website instead of the mobo cd. the same problem happens if i add in my seperate nvidia ge force 9400 and install those drivers..help im going crazy i know this shouldnt be like this because as soon as i get the BSOD i go into safe mode and uninstall nvidia then restart and everything is good.

fyi--vista 64 sp2, amd phenon II x4 940 3.0GHz, 8G nvidia ram

please help..been trying to figure this out for like 20 straight hours..im going crazy

xanxaz

Distinguished
May 3, 2005
try updating bios from your mobo. vista sp2?? didnt know that the final was out...Vista SP2 Beta... it might be the problem also... try it only with 2gb of ram.

mike2201

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
i did install it again after it went nuts..it tried to use eraser and it wont erase the windows file which is pretty much the only thing on there so when i installed the new windows it renamed the original as old windows and this cant be it bc it was happening before this.thats why i did it in the 1st place...the sp2 i got from my cousin he his a software engineer and has access to ms website bc of his job and he gets the keys..its legit...its called sp2 debuged..now i cant install any nvidia drivers it says the "sintax of the INF is invalid"...also my new hard drive rattles a lil when you tilt it but it is showing its fine in two comps...i did switch to two gigs ram..ive tried every ram i have ocz platinum, ocz nvidia, no name..three sets all matched pairs...do you think this could be a corrupted windows program even though it was off ms website w a key....he has a password and stuff so i know its not of the web...also in the bottom right of my screen it says evaluation copy yda yada yada i just figured its because it came from an engineer....does this sound like a windows problem??everythings good if i dont install any drivers.....i tried to update the bios by doing ez flash 2 off a usb flash drive and it says this file size doesnt match the current bios file...i got it off asus site .. followed directions to the t..i cant use asus update be i cant get online and i cant do it the other way because i dont have a floppy drive...how do i clear the hd...eraser wont do it

mike2201

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
its not a beta version i saw the title on ms site...bc i saw win 7 which was beta and my cousin told be not to try it because its in testing so i dont think he would give me a beta version.....

mike2201

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
yea and it installs them one by one and as soon as it gets to nvidia it goes nuts either cant do it or it goes to blue screen of death

xanxaz

Distinguished
May 3, 2005
try using just one stick of memory first... sometimes it helps. do you have problems starting programs or the system feels extremely light??

mike2201

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
yea i do . everytime i open the internet 2 sec later it say int explorer has stopped working . this happens w pretty much every vista program..."such and such program has stopped working...restarting"... over and over..security center...int exp..things like that

mike2201

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
yup its genuine.. i was with my cousin when he made it..i have a key but i couldnt reg it bc i have no internet...he is a software engineer and has a password w/ microsoft that lets him download any windows program...its not from a newsgroup or anything..straight from MS w/ key

mike2201

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
ok now what i found my problem...i connected the firewire 1394 to the usb 2.0 port on the mobo? i didnt plug anything into firewire...why wouldnt the mobo beep if i did that?

AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Well because the motherboard beeps when either a major component in the computer has failed or if the major components are working. By major i mean CPU,GPU,PSU,HDD

mike2201

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
do you think if i reinstall windows it could be ok? i tried system restore and then intalled drivers and the same thing happened again.

mike2201

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
how can i check to see if i damaged the mobo circuits or components..and when i boot up i get the normal one beep, is that a good sign?