New build, dont see segate hd

pinhead101

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
First timer!. I built from the Max mag. 1 ssd as OS storage, that shows everywhereas Disk C. The seagate HD doesnt show in ' my comp' but shows in DM and as ' unallocated' in ' manage' option. Both drives show 'space used' when ' propeties' opened. yet seagate does not show in ' drives' only SSD as 'C' seagate shows as system reserved or unallocated, checked all cables and wont'format,' windows wont allow it. what have i done wrong, it shows space 'used' but why wont it show as an additional drive in ' drives window'? thanx for your time

pinhead101

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
i tried to format the new seagate ( its all new from newegg) it seems to have the OS on as ' windows wont allow me to format it- its ntfs as is. bear with me - how can i cmerely change the drive letter and will that allow it to show along with the 'c ' drive in ' computers'

pinhead101

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009

Thanx, for your time. I gave it E as the PC sugessted but all it says is 'system allocated (E) same things all around only now it has E in there to. I am off to the can, thanx again

pinhead101

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
:hello:

Mosox;

Dont ask why, but this AM EST when I booted up - there it was. After I followed your instructions last nite I rebooted several times during the nite- nothing! I gotta take a course, these type problems I should know. Thanx again- I may be back to pick your brain in the future- have a good xmass

Mr Florida