Solution
A heatsink alone won't give you fabulous low temps...you need to ensure your case has good air flow to ensure those coolers have cool air moving through them.

Most people overlook this fact...you can have the best air cooler in the world...but if your case is crippled by poor airflow, it will still under-perform. Even watercooling...if you have radiators internally, with poor airflow, same issue takes place.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
A heatsink alone won't give you fabulous low temps...you need to ensure your case has good air flow to ensure those coolers have cool air moving through them.

Most people overlook this fact...you can have the best air cooler in the world...but if your case is crippled by poor airflow, it will still under-perform. Even watercooling...if you have radiators internally, with poor airflow, same issue takes place.

Solution
@henydiah = I was looking at the Scythe Mugen 2 rev. B but the extra fan clips i wanted to buy for a push/pull are $2.Which is fine but everywhere i look the shipping for any fan clips is outragues.Charging $8 shipping for something that weighs less than an Ounce.Also on newegg the Mugen 2 is cheap,$40 plus $3 shipping.

@rubix_1011 = I thought i had poor case airflow before,so i bought a new case to help maximize the airflow for an O.C.
Got a HAF 922 with plenty of fans.(200mm Side/200mm Top/120mm front/120mm bottom/120mm exhaust/And push pull for heatsink)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Easy way to tell if you have a case airflow issue:

Pull the side of your case, blow a house fan, etc into your case. Rerun your benchmarks and compare temps vs. with the side on as normal.

If your temps stay the same, you should consider a different cooler, or there is a mounting issue. (Or no issues at all, depending on temps.)

If your temps go down with the house fan blowing in, you have a case airflow issue...and should address that.

The Coolermaster Hyper 212+ is an excellent cpu heatsink, an excellent value, and the best bang for the buck. Just because it costs less than $50.00 is not a valid reason to dismiss it. It can hold it's own against cpu heatsinks that cost $50.00 or more.

I just happen to have an original Coolermaster Hyper 212 in my own personal pc. I've used it for several builds. Performance is outstanding.

There are many additional factors that affect cpu cooling. Case ventilation, airflow, and cooling; choice of thermal compound; choice of heatsink and case fans; obstruction by other components; and cable management all affect cpu cooling.

There is another way to look at it - If your budget is $50.00, then spend $30.00 for the Hyper 212+ and the remaining $20.00 for a better thermal compound and fan. For example, I use IC Diamond 7 Carat Thermal Compound and a Scythe S-Flex 1600 rpm fan. It works for me. Others may have other preferences that work for them.

if you are bound and determined to spend $50.00 for a cpu hatsink then take a look at the Tuniq Tower 120:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835154001

OOPS! Wait a minute! There is a mail-in rebate which makes the final price $39.99. :)

The 212+ comes with a 2nd set of fan clips and is compatible with most ram kits under 41mm tall when all dimms are filled.
The Mugen 2 performs a little better then the 212+ and comes with a quieter fan.
The Mugen 2 requires standard profile ram if you plan on filling all the dimms.
The Tuniq Tower 120's are nice and have very good base height clearance which allows taller ram kits.
The Corsair A70 is also a decent cooler which includes 2 fans.
The Xigmatek S1283 models are also good.

I was also looking at that one too.I read some reviews and the cooling performance is ok.

I only have 1 question.Can the Hyper 212 sustaine good temps when O.C.ing?Is it meant for O.C.ing?Because i would be really bummed to find out the 212 can't dilever what i hear so much about.Has anyone had any experience in O.C.ing a phenom ii x4 965BE?

The answers to your questions are yes, the Hyper 212+ can sustain good temps when overclocking and yes, it was meant for overclocking.

If one is not a hardcore gamer or is not going to overclock, then an aftermarket cpu heatsink really isn't necessary.

Titan cpu heatsink your linked to looks like the special Christmas Edition from December 2009. Here is a link to a technical review:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2009/12/11/titan-fenrir-cpu-cooler-xmas-edition-review/1

NOTE -The Titan you linked is a slightly larger version of the Christmas version I linked to.