How to cinfigure RAID 0 on a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P?

VGM10000

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
I cannot figure out how to set up RAID 0 across four drives I have. I've tried to follow the manual for my motherboard (which has a page or two on how to do this), but it says to change a setting I don't even have, and then boot into a RAID configuration utility after I see a message in the POST that never pops up.

I've looked online for some sort of basic walkthrough or explanation as to how to do this, but I can't find anything of the sort.

Does anyone now the apropriate method of doing this?

popatim

Titan
Normally in the bios you set the sata mode to raid. Set the boot priority to boot from the raid. Then save and exit.
When you boot again you press CTRL+H at the raid screen. Set the raid level, Add the drive, and format the array followed by a reboot.

Looking at your manual it appears you have to enable the XHD under Integrated Peripherals. Install windows, install the raid drivers, and then use the XHD utility to configure the raid. Clicking AUTO will automatically setup a raid 0.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You're going to have to find the settings in BIOS to enable your P55's RAID mode, it's probably in the Integrated Peripherals menu where you can change from IDE to AHCI or RAID mode.

On some boards you need to disable "eXtreme Hard Drive (XHD) to access that menu.

Once you have the P55 SATA controller set to RAID, you will see the RAID menu with the "CTL-I" key combo prompt to enter it. Hit that key combo and the settings inside are fairly self-explanatory.