Drag and Drop files COPY rather than MOVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Is it possible within Windows 7 to make files "copy and paste" by dragging and dropping, rather than "cut and paste"/"move".

Currently if you have 2 Windows Folders open and you drag files across, it moves it (cut and paste) rather than copy (copy and paste). And if possible I would like to change this default to copy and paste.

This link helps to explain it a little better: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Moving-and-copying-files-by-using-the-drag-and-drop-method

I would like the first option (Into a folder on same hard disk) to do what the second option on the list does (The file is copied to the folder on the destination disk.)

---

I have already thought of dragging and dropping all the files I want, and then copying the whole lot from the new folder back into the original but this set up is to make life a little easier for my parents and this method I'm sure would just confuse them. Drag and Drop is the simplest method I can think of.

Solution
I use the right mouse button for drag-n-drop. When you release the right mouse button, a context menu comes up and ask if you want to copy or move the file(s).
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS