New CPU Fan Won\'t Work!

Fr0s3n

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Hi I thought my cpu fan went dead on me but it was the power supply instead so I replaced both and now I get nothing.

What went wrong here.

Fr0s3n

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
At first when this happen, I thought it was the cpu fan, so i replaced it with a one that would match the processor. It did not work then i found out it was the psu so i purchased a new one even better and still no dice. Then I put the old cpu fan back on it and still nothing.

nighthawk4

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
please be a bit more specific. what PSU did you get? and if you broke your PSU, it might've blown your fan or your mobo, if it was a crappy cheap PSU. what PSU did you have? does everything else work? do you get POST (the beep when you turn on your pc)?

Fr0s3n

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
No beeps, I can how ever see the green power light so I do know some how it's getting powe.r I just don't see the cpu fan running. the old cpu fan worked fine , but when I replaced it with a new one it didn't spin at all. So I put the old one back on and now that's not working either.

rollaballinc

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
remove all your ram and try them one at a time .... clear the cmos and try again .. its possible that if everything wasnt attached perfectly the first time you shorted out your board. But try that first.... Just to eliminate possibilities.

TRENDING THREADS