Sign in with
Your question

.exe error messages post service pack 3 install

Last response: in Windows XP
September 25, 2011 6:09:05 AM

On startup, everything looks good. when I go to log on...dell 6000, the first problem is a box pops up with this in it.."windows cannot create a temporary profile directory. this may be caused by insufficient security rights. if this problem persists, contact your administrator." it's followed by" windows cannot load the users profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system...detail- the file directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Then it goes to log on and another box with a red x pops up and states the "file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" that is in the center of the screen. no icons other than recycle bin and IE are present. If you click on start/programs...nothing comes up. If I go to control panel, add/remove programs, it shows installed programs. No data can be accessed. at the bottom right, the yellow icon with ! in it says 'windows- corrupt file" and to run chkdsk utility. did that with no results. as soon as you click ok on either of these two things, similar errors come up. It connects to the internet without any problem, but you cannot download anything...nothing to try to fix it at all. As I'm typing, "jusched.exe- corrupt file" came up. No matter what, it just keeps popping up with .exe files corrupt and unreadable.

I've checked/troubleshooted the hard drive, ram, chip and all say they are fine. It appears the registry or something is totally whacked out. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.

CG
October 1, 2011 7:57:40 AM

thecgclan said:
On startup, everything looks good. when I go to log on...dell 6000, the first problem is a box pops up with this in it.."windows cannot create a temporary profile directory. this may be caused by insufficient security rights. if this problem persists, contact your administrator." it's followed by" windows cannot load the users profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system...detail- the file directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Then it goes to log on and another box with a red x pops up and states the "file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" that is in the center of the screen. no icons other than recycle bin and IE are present. If you click on start/programs...nothing comes up. If I go to control panel, add/remove programs, it shows installed programs. No data can be accessed. at the bottom right, the yellow icon with ! in it says 'windows- corrupt file" and to run chkdsk utility. did that with no results. as soon as you click ok on either of these two things, similar errors come up. It connects to the internet without any problem, but you cannot download anything...nothing to try to fix it at all. As I'm typing, "jusched.exe- corrupt file" came up. No matter what, it just keeps popping up with .exe files corrupt and unreadable.

I've checked/troubleshooted the hard drive, ram, chip and all say they are fine. It appears the registry or something is totally whacked out. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.

CG

Nothing is simple with MS ! http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318011
m
l
March 30, 2012 8:03:49 PM

Had the same problem on win xp machine.. Turned out the default profile was corrupted. I removed HDD and mounted it as a flash disk to my other machine, deleted the default profile and copied over a default profile from a diff machine that was working correct. Put HDD back in machine and booted up, logged in as a new user or even old user and errors were gone.
m
l
!