Solved

wmv video in Widows Media Player 9 for Pocket PC

May 13, 2005 6:09:01 PM

I can't see the video from my wmv file on my ipaq 2215. The audio plays
fine. I synced the file over to my SD card but it still does not show the
video portion. Any ideas?

Location:
/SD Card

Bit Rate
298 kbps

Audio Codec
WMA 9

Audio Description
32 kbp, 44 kHz, mono (A/V) 1-pass CBR

Video Codec
Windows Media Video 9 Screen

Video Size
1024 x 768

Protected Status
No

Best solution

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 3:54:34 PM

cityfishing wrote:
> I can't see the video from my wmv file on my ipaq 2215. The audio
> plays fine. I synced the file over to my SD card but it still does
> not show the video portion. Any ideas?

[...]
> Video Size
> 1024 x 768

Maybe it's having trouble rescaling the video, have you tried encoding with
a more appropriate resolution for your device?

Tony
May 15, 2005 9:14:02 PM

Thanks, it worked. I downloaded the MSFT encoder and converted the file to a
smaller resolution.

"Tony A." wrote:

> cityfishing wrote:
> > I can't see the video from my wmv file on my ipaq 2215. The audio
> > plays fine. I synced the file over to my SD card but it still does
> > not show the video portion. Any ideas?
> >
> [...]
> > Video Size
> > 1024 x 768
> >
> Maybe it's having trouble rescaling the video, have you tried encoding with
> a more appropriate resolution for your device?
>
> Tony

0
May 16, 2005 3:02:28 PM

Cityfishing wrote:
> Thanks, it worked. I downloaded the MSFT encoder and converted the
> file to a smaller resolution.

Cool, it's better to convert to the device resolution if possible anyway,
because resizing the video on the fly takes extra processor power, and PDA's
are short on that at the best of times.

Tony
0
February 16, 2009 2:04:40 AM

Quote:

I can't see the video from my wmv file on my ipaq 2215. The audio plays
fine. I synced the file over to my SD card but it still does not show the
video portion. Any ideas?

Location:
/SD Card

Bit Rate