Which of these 3 monitors should I choose?

skyturnred

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009

DeeTee_uk

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
I'd leave the LG out of the choice, as the other two have better contrast ratios. After that, it seems like it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. Although the response time on the Asus appears better, that's grey to grey, which is a different measurement really.
Maybe the Asus for the slightly better viewing angle?

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I'd go with the Asus. beautiful monitors they are. I'm using an Acer right now and it hasn't failed me for the past 2 years, but we all have our own experiences and opinions.

If you wish to go with Asus check out this monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051

The pixel size is insane on this monitor and it is only a half inch smaller. HD resolution (1920x1080) at 21.5" is some CLEAR and CRISP picture. That's what I'd do, unless that other monitor had some options you were looking for.

Your 48501GB might struggle a little bit on some newer games at that resolution but you can always turn it down, or turn down the graphics.

skyturnred

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009

Ya, I just found that monitor you suggested and was about to ask Toms forums if it looked good, but you saved me the trouble. Thanks for the advice. I will most likely be purchasing this asus that you suggested. As for the problem with the video card not being able to play games at that resolution, that's not much of a problem to me. I would definately use the max resolution for movies, but when it comes to games I definately favour performance to quality (within reason). But thanks again, greatly appreciated.

ill b ben

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Idk if you have this one ''LG W2261V-PF '' imo a great screen for its price (altho watch it dont get it confused with the ''LG W2261VP-PF'' wich has the lesser philips panel)

wgdz

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2007
not sure if you the difference btw a TN and none TN panel. If not you can google up some info. In general, most people consider none TN panels > TN, though none TN panels are in most cases for the same screen size more expensive. I would do some more research and find a none TN panel for 22". I think there are some that are on the $200 range and that would be a worthy consideration.

Your eyes sees what the LCD displays, might as well make it good right?

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
The big thing is that the TN panels are less expensive to manufacture, but they cannot be color-calibrated for photographic editing so photographers try to buy something else. For average use they can work fine.