Almost done with my system, but.....

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I ran into a small problem. My Sapphire 4890 is HUGE! It ate my PCIe x1 slot. I took a gamble (and lost) and bought the Auzen Forte. The Forte is PCie. I emailed EVGA (my x58 board) and the tech reps said that it would work in the PCIe x8 slot (on the bottom). I figure to keep the area clear where the video card is. Depending on my temps, I might get another 4890 to go crossfire (maybe). Anyway, I put the sound card in the PCIe x8 slot (my mobo is SLI/Crossfire compatable) and it went in. It has 2 PCIE 2.0 slots at x16 and the third at the bottom of the mobo is PCIe x8x16. Was I suppose to match the connectors between the 2 spots on the PCIE spot or it goes on the longer side closest to the back panel. If I set my sound card back (to the 2 slits on the PCIe slot) the card doesnt reach the back pannel. Did I do it correctly and set it closest to the back panel? The card's connector has 1 black spot and the other connector is where the copper leads are. BTW, I got the Forte $85.

In other words, how do you properly place the Sound card in the PCIe x8 slot?

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
Do you think they designed the Sound Card so the Audio Plugs/Ports would be flush with the back panel or way inside the PC case so you couldnt plug in your peripherals?

Here are your choices:
1) You got the wrong card
2) You are installing the card wrong
3) You been drinking again.

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

Yes but it's blocked by the huge video card; it engulfed it! Only spots empty is the 2nd PCIe x16, PCI, and PCIe x8 slots.

I heard that it will fit in any PCIe slot (besides the pcie x1 slot.) I took a gamble because the Forte is sooo tiny and soo thin, that it would fit into the PCIe x1 slot thats next to the primary x16 slot. I was wrong!