AngieCC

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009
Hi guys, I recently finished assembling my computer and I'm having some problems with my speakers. When they're playing, they occassionally fade out for a few seconds and then fade back in. I was wondering what might be causing this issue, is it the speakers themselves, my motherboard having problems, or perhaps drivers issues?
They'll play some songs with no problems, but then other songs will cut out at times. However, it doesn't always cut out at the same time so I don't know if it's a power consumption issue or not. And I know the speakers will turn themselves off after 3 minutes of no use, but this is during the middle of songs and videos. I'm rather stumped.

Here's some info:
I'm running Windows 7, build 7100.
-According to the Device Manager, my sound drivers are all up to date, but I'm not sure if this is still a problem with Win7 or not.

The speakers: LOGISYS Computer Hollywood II 32W RMS 4.1 Amplified Speaker System
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836157007

My setup: Intel Core i7 920
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P
SAPPHIRE 100269SR Radeon HD 4890 1GB

I hope I've listed enough information, and I would really appreciate any advice! If this keeps up, I'm going to probably return them to Newegg and try my luck with something else. Any suggestions there would also be good. :)

r_manic

Administrator
Well, you can check the speakers by using them with another computer. Also, try using a set of headphones or earphones with your original computer, and see if the same problem happens.

welshdragon2005

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I also have these speakers and once I upgraded to Win7 only the front left speaker & sub are working for me. =/ Do speakers like these really require drivers??? lol

Also you do know that these speakers have an auto shutoff after about 3mins, maybe less, right? Also sometimes ambient sounds aren't enough to keep them on. The sound has to reach a certain volume every once in a while in order for them to stay on.