S2U: Ghosts Uploaded (Ghostly Gothic Manor)

If you'd like a lot with plenty of active ghosts to interact with your
sims, I've uploaded my "Ghostly Gothic Manor" to the sims2 sight. All
sims died of old age, though many ate spoiling food, set themselves on
fire when the microwave malfunctioned and watched deligently for
falling satellites. The sims were maxed in outgoing and playful for
the most part, and this seems to mean that they do indeed haunt a lot
and interact with people. They go mostly outside and on the first two
floors, so sleeping higher may help if they haunt your
knowledge-seeking sims tooooooo much.

The lot is 2x3 and picturesque in that Addams family way (elegant,
dark, castle-like and a bit bizarre.

Alas, getting it picturesque means it is a tad expensive (~54,000 as is
and ~39,000 if stripped of furniture but not plantings).

I forgot to rename the downloads folder (having tried to upload and
timed out a number of times)....but all I have is the standard maxis
downloads you pull in through the game. So I expect that most people
who download lots already have these.

"DeAnn" <diwan@mitre.org> wrote in message
> If you'd like a lot with plenty of active ghosts to interact with your
> sims, I've uploaded my "Ghostly Gothic Manor" to the sims2 sight.

Awesome! I've downloaded it and can't wait to give it a go. It looks really
cool. Five stars for you!

DeAnn wrote:
> If you'd like a lot with plenty of active ghosts to interact with your
> sims, I've uploaded my "Ghostly Gothic Manor" to the sims2 sight. All
> sims died of old age, though many ate spoiling food, set themselves on
> fire when the microwave malfunctioned and watched deligently for
> falling satellites. The sims were maxed in outgoing and playful for
> the most part, and this seems to mean that they do indeed haunt a lot
> and interact with people. They go mostly outside and on the first two
> floors, so sleeping higher may help if they haunt your
> knowledge-seeking sims tooooooo much.
>
> The lot is 2x3 and picturesque in that Addams family way (elegant,
> dark, castle-like and a bit bizarre.
>
> Alas, getting it picturesque means it is a tad expensive (~54,000 as
> is and ~39,000 if stripped of furniture but not plantings).
>
> I forgot to rename the downloads folder (having tried to upload and
> timed out a number of times)....but all I have is the standard maxis
> downloads you pull in through the game. So I expect that most people
> who download lots already have these.

I downloaded the house, made a couple of Knowledge Sims, and moved then in,
but I didn't see any tombstones or ghosts. Any clue as to why? I'm
flummoxed.

Anyway, Ann Polter and her husband Gies (get the name jokes?) are filling up
the cemetary with passersby. So far there are three tombstones from their
pursuits, but no ghosts yet.

I love the house!

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply

This is the one house where I had the ghosts dissappear. I'm not sure
why. It was also the house where I tried to make a "clean" upload by
taking out my downloads folder first. So maybe that somehow messed the
house up--as it is also messed up in my original house. I tried
downloading my own house to get the ghosts back....but no luck. I have
however uploaded and downloaded some other houses with ghosts, and they
seem to work just fine. I'm not sure if temporarily removing the
downloads folder messed up this house (but not the others) or if
"something mysterious" messed up the ghosts and I just didn't notice
for a while. The tombstones show up in the little icon of the house in
the neighborhood, but vanish as soon as someone moves in. Sigh. It is
very annoying to me as this was my favorite ghost house. However, I
have accepted the loss and gone on to other sim houses. If you want
ghosts, try one of the other houses I--or someone else--has uploaded.
They should work.

DeAnn wrote:
> This is the one house where I had the ghosts dissappear. I'm not sure
> why. It was also the house where I tried to make a "clean" upload by
> taking out my downloads folder first. So maybe that somehow messed
> the house up--as it is also messed up in my original house. I tried
> downloading my own house to get the ghosts back....but no luck. I
> have however uploaded and downloaded some other houses with ghosts,
> and they seem to work just fine. I'm not sure if temporarily
> removing the downloads folder messed up this house (but not the
> others) or if "something mysterious" messed up the ghosts and I just
> didn't notice for a while. The tombstones show up in the little icon
> of the house in the neighborhood, but vanish as soon as someone moves
> in. Sigh. It is very annoying to me as this was my favorite ghost
> house. However, I have accepted the loss and gone on to other sim
> houses. If you want ghosts, try one of the other houses I--or
> someone else--has uploaded. They should work.

Thanks for getting back to me - Ann Polter now has three tombstones and two
urns on the property. Her hasband and newly adopted son know nothing about
her evil deeds. Thank you for the wonderful idea and house!

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply