• Nvidia
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
May 16, 2009 6:51:56 PM

Trying to find a driver update for nvidia geforce4 440 go for Windows 7 or Vista...Any ideas on where to find one?

More about : nvidia geforce4 440 driver windows

May 16, 2009 11:12:35 PM

Any card older than the Geforce 6x00 series is not supported by Windows Vista or Windows 7 in any form.
Related resources
June 10, 2009 3:09:09 PM

I installed 72.30 (it's a Longhorn Beta driver for the 440 GO) from http://www.driverheavendownloads.net/nvidia.htm on a Dell C840 (1gb) with the Geforce4 440 GO GPU (64mb)running Windows 7 RC (build 7100) and this driver works. I installed it using Windows XP compatibily/administrator mode. Note that the NWIZ program on reboot will display a publisher UAC warning (which I turned off) on reboot. I also changed NWIZ.exe to run in XP compatibility/administrator mode. After installation I did a resetup of Windows media center and I can now watch recorded TV on the C840. I hope this helps.
July 2, 2009 4:20:13 AM

This actually works!!! :D  Thanks alot!
Install with 72.30 drivers.

PS: I had the original 93.71, and tried the same thing, but that did'nt work.

Best regards.
-Toriatrix.
December 5, 2009 11:50:40 PM

Agreed, I have the GeForce4 MX 440 and the original OEM drivers from Nvidia failed to load stating that

"The operating system is not Windows" and then stops the installer.

However, as a confirmation to "rpwmjb" the Driver from http://www.driverheavendownloads.net/nvidia.htm

works very well. Look for 72.30, it is a ways down the list, but it is running flawlessly on my

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition with an AMD 2900 and 2 Gig of Memory.
December 7, 2009 12:56:30 PM

Quote:
Agreed, I have the GeForce4 MX 440 and the original OEM drivers from Nvidia failed to load stating that

However, as a confirmation to "rpwmjb" the Driver from http://www.driverheavendownloads.net/nvidia.htm

works very well. Look for 72.30, it is a ways down the list, but it is running flawlessly on my

I am an noob. Would you give me more details how to install this driver on Windows 7 ultimate edition step by step? Thanks
Microunit
December 19, 2009 8:02:06 PM

Did it successfully on a HP ZV5000 series laptop with the NVidia GeForce 440 Go video. The steps are as follows:

1. Get the 72.30 driver as suggested before from the driver heaven web site.
2. Place on a temp folder and unpack. You should end up with a folder named 72.30_win2kxp
3. Look for the Setup file. Create a shortcut for it. RMC on the shortcut and look for Properties, then Compatibility tab. There set Run as Administrator and set for XP Pro compatibility mode. Execute.
4. At some point it will tell you it's an unsigned driver, just tell it to continue anyway. Accept any other defaults. Once done reboot.
5. System should be at higher resolution. The NWIZ app will make the UAC complain.
6. Do a search for NWIZ.exe which should be in the System32 folder. RMC on it and set it's properties to Run As Administrator and set compatibility mode to XP Pro.
7. That should be all.

Note that the performance index on the machine will still be 1.0 since pretty much you have no gaming graphics. Still regular graphics should be up. My case with Windows 7 Pro, got almost a 2, which isn't great but at least I can use this old laptop as a Netbook with the new OS.
December 23, 2009 5:46:55 PM

I followed the steps CADPRO listed above and was able to successfully get the driver to work on an HP ZD7000 laptop.

Thanks for your help!
March 6, 2010 7:07:56 AM

microunit said:
Quote:

I am an noob. Would you give me more details how to install this driver on Windows 7 ultimate edition step by step? Thanks
Microunit

do u have a step by step to install GEFORCE MX440 driver on windows 7..?
not a go version but AGP8X version...
reply A.S.A.P....thanks...
a c 173 Î Nvidia
a b $ Windows 7
March 6, 2010 7:11:25 AM

azri_yen said:
do u have a step by step to install GEFORCE MX440 driver on windows 7..?
not a go version but AGP8X version...
reply A.S.A.P....thanks...

I don't think that card is supported on W7, sorry.
March 13, 2010 10:55:45 AM

Also Confirmed working (Flawlessly! No Issues!) with 64MB NVIDA GeForce2 MX/MX400 AGP 8x Video Card on Windows 7 Ultimate. I own a Gateway EL2 500x Desktop and it wasn't even listed on Gateway's site so I had to hunt down the drivers myself. Thanks a lot for this post! :D 

If anyone else has a NVIDIA GeForce Video Card around 400 series I say try this out, what have you got to loose?!
:sol: 

P.S.
I've attached a photo.
-Enjoy

Link: http://yfrog.com/5mnvidiagfmxwin7p

June 12, 2010 6:30:15 AM

I followed cadpro's instructions successfully. I have a geforce4 agp 64mb. (More accurately, I have a card whose model number is g290567-civ34k-a01-00667.) At the end of running setup, I clicked on 'do not reboot' and then manually restarted the computer. After logging in, I received a black screen. I power-cycled the computer. This time after logging in I was asked if I really wanted to run nwiz. I clicked on "no" and followed cadpro's remaining instructions to set compatibility mode on nwiz. hardware acceleration is working.
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
July 5, 2010 4:17:41 AM

I have also noticed in some other threads that the Forceware 71.90 WHQL driver was a good substitute for use in Windows 7. But it seems there are more positive results found for the 72.30. I don't do any "hardcore" gaming but I want something that can make my Geforce4 440 MX agp8x work without crashing. The original XP driver would work with general functionality but when watching some videos or trying to load some small games it would crash.
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
August 27, 2010 2:11:34 PM

TVM dude. This actually solve my "poor video quality issue" with windows 7. Now all the videos are perfect quality. Thanks again
a c 173 Î Nvidia
a b $ Windows 7
August 27, 2010 2:20:18 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!