Stop Running this Script???

HelBel49

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hello, I am having a terrible time with a dialog box from Windows Internet Explorer. It freezes the computer and says "Stop Running this Script?" A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive." Then it only has a yes/no option. Does anyone know how to correct this problem or even what the problem is??? I would so appreciate being able to work without this continuous interruption. Thanks--

bunion

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
Hi, the website you are using is most likely responsible for the problem. I would suggest using the site in question on another web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Is this happening very frequently on many sites?

HelBel49

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011

Thank you for your response. Yes, I'm noticing it mostly on Facebook and when I'm playing Farmville. I understand that some of my friends are using Google Chrome. I'm not terribly savvy on these things and wonder about the different browsers. I've always used Internet Explorer. Can you go back and forth between browsers or do you have to download one and just use it??? Since I've been pleased with Internet Explorer I'd hate to lose it. Thank you so much for your help!!!

HelBel11

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Hi--Thank you so much for responding. I have changed over to Google Chrome and it has been fantastic. Thank you so much for your suggestion. This has not only taken care of the dialog box but also an error message that has been a nuisance for some time. I'm hoping that this message will get to you as I'm having trouble signing in--message that my account has been deactivated. May have to re-register and not sure I'll be able to connect the new sign-in to this message. Thanks again!!! Take care!!!

HelBel11

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Just received your e-mail about receiving the best answer. I can't find the gold cup anywhere to let you know that the Google Chrome was the solution. Thanks again.

saifulrahat

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

It's better to start a new thread rather than latch on to a necro.

Now you're here, though, go into Control panel>Internet Options and click on the Advanced tab. Tick to "Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer" and untick "Display a notification about every script error". Click Apply and OK then restart IE and you shouldn't hear form it again. Other browsers may claim to be better but they all have their foibles and sometimes, it's even nice to know some script is misbehaving.