Sign in with
Your question

External harddisk

Last response: in Storage
December 7, 2010 12:09:35 PM

HI

I have a external harddisk. my laptop can detect the drive but i cannot access it. i try reformat but unable to do . pls advise

More about : external harddisk

a b D Laptop
a c 415 G Storage
December 7, 2010 3:04:10 PM

Is it a new drive? If so, it probably just needs to be partitioned and formatted.

Connect the drive to the system.

Start Disk Management: Start -> right-click "Computer" -> select "Manage"

Click on "Disk Management" in the left pane.

Scroll down to the bottom of the middle pane to find your new drive and right-click on it to create a volume (partition it) and format it.
m
l
December 8, 2010 12:45:24 AM

Try that. But still invalid
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a c 415 G Storage
December 8, 2010 1:56:50 AM

Did you see the drive in Disk Management? What was the description that was shown inside the map of the drive at the bottom of the middle pane?
m
l
December 8, 2010 5:57:02 AM

My experience with Fields Data Recovery was absolutely positive. My case was treated professionally and their expert team is worth a mention.
m
l
December 8, 2010 6:28:43 AM

sminlal said:
Did you see the drive in Disk Management? What was the description that was shown inside the map of the drive at the bottom of the middle pane?

yup,, external hardisk is reflected in the disk management. o btyes was shown inside the map
m
l
December 8, 2010 6:30:36 AM

GeorgeGriffiths said:
My experience with Fields Data Recovery was absolutely positive. My case was treated professionally and their expert team is worth a mention.

fee required???
m
l
!