Well, got my second 4870 today. having issues.

Celll212

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
I posted last night asking if 650 watts psu would be ok for CF'ed 4870's And from what i can tell its fine i wouldnt even hit 450 under full load,

Btw i have an antec earthwatts 650 psu with 3 12v rails @22v each (i think 22v each rail unsure) anyways. I got my card all installed wiped the drivers and reinstalled with 9.5 (trust me on this part i cross all my t's and dotted all I's)

so i hit up crysis to see what this rig can do well...@ high settings with 2xaa @ 1920x1080 im getting WORSE performance with 2 cards as i would be with one. (loaded up the fleet level with the last boss) getting like 13-20fps. That was kind of disappointing. so i took down AA and lowered some settings to med and i didnt see any/ much of a gain in performance at all.

(please note these are 512 vram versions of the card)

Then i went to run 3dmark vantage pro, put up all my settings @ 1080 res 2x AA etc etc.. and i get REALLY bad artifacting like i cant see the screen at all. So now i've taken out the older card and just tested the new card, with vantage and everything seems fine with the new card, im wondering if its my PSU causing this.. or what the hell it is.. did i not install something right? is there something im not enabling or disabling in settings to cause this?

I am running one visiontek card with a diamond card each with equal settings and specs. just really stuck on why i seem to get worse performance with 2 then i do with one..

and yes i know that alot of games cannot take advantage of 2 gpus but with the advantage thing...im getting kinda lost..

Any help is very much appreciated or advice :p

leon2006

Distinguished
Please check if your Power supply is sufficient for 4870 CF...I'm not sure if 650W is enough and i don't know what else is on your computer.

http://www.antec.outervision.com/

Just to make sure... If it is sufficient then at least its confirmed.