blizzardboi78

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Specs: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=767040

Bought 2 new Corsair 512mb 400mhz sticks to add next to the already existing same spec Corsair sticks.

Turned power off, gave the two unused sockets a burst of compressed air to get any lurking dust, installed them and secured the latches. Booted up, BIOS clears the CPU, displays the correct new total of RAM, then freezes.

Tried the 2 new sticks by themselves in the 2 unused sockets, starts up fine. Tried 2 new sticks in the sockets that had been occupied by existing RAM, starts up fine. Tried 1 new stick with 1 old stick in both sets of sockets, starts up fine. Anything more than 2 sticks of RAM causes a freeze after the BIOS recognizes the new amount of RAM available.

Talked to a friend, he said it's possibly something in the BIOS settings preventing me from using more than 2 sticks, but doesn't know how to change it himself.

Anyone that can help?

blizzardboi78

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009

It's listing 2.5v on slots 1 and 2, I'll go into the BIOS then and up it to 2.6v then check, etc. Thanks.

blizzardboi78

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I went into the BIOS setup and into the Cell option to change the Memory Voltage. It was listing it as already being set to 2.65v, and I bumped it up to 2.70v. (options only allow bumping in increments of 0.5v). Powered off, added the 2 new sticks of RAM again, and no progress has been made, startup still freezes after displaying the memory total.