Sam_8022

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
The sequence of my computer goes upto 76 and then gets stuck at 7F. I can't see any thing on the screen and computer has failed to boot. Please help me.

If you do not give enough information there is no way anyone can help you.
Post a full description of your issues including what you did to your machine just before it started happening.
Also post the full specs of your machine.

I'm guessing that you are talking about an nVidia chipset. But we do need more information - system configuration, a better description of the problem, and what you have done prior to asking for help.

What is happening is that you system has successfully completed the POST. That's what the "7F" is telling you. Stuck at "7F" and not going to "FF" indicates that you do have a problem actually booting the operating system (OS).

Possibilities:
Bad or uninitialized hard drive (if you just installed Windows, that's not it)

No OS installed (same)

System cannot find the OS. You need to tell the BIOS which drive and partition the OS is on. Your motherboard manual can help. This is usually caused by not plugging the boot hard drive into the SATA0 port (BIOS default for booting). If the drive is plugged into a different SATA port, you can either move it to the SATA0 port (always my choice) or go into the BIOS and change it.