Question re: S2 - deleting files w/in the game

deb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003

Does anyone know if deleting objects from within the game deletes them
completely (as in off the harddrive) or just from the game (as in there
still out there someplace)???

tia

--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Completely off the hard drive.

"deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if deleting objects from within the game deletes them
> completely (as in off the harddrive) or just from the game (as in there
> still out there someplace)???
>
> tia
>
> --
> deb
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...

If you have them backed up in another area of the hard drive, it won't
delete those. Just those
that are in the game. I have mine backed up to another hard drive. I've
been deleting stuff like crazy. HAHA

Betty

> Completely off the hard drive.
>

> "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know if deleting objects from within the game deletes
>> them
>> completely (as in off the harddrive) or just from the game (as in
>> there
>> still out there someplace)???
>>
>> tia
>>
>> --
>> deb
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...

How do you "delete" them in the game. I sell them back when they are
"BLUE", but I don't see where to actually "DELETE" them. Someone said
something about an icon that looks like fabric, but I don't see that either,
where is it? I have alot of stuff that won't work in University, and it's
near impossible to figure out which is which in the "download" folder.
Thanks!

"d-b_enson" <d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote in message
> If you have them backed up in another area of the hard drive, it won't
> delete those. Just those
> that are in the game. I have mine backed up to another hard drive. I've
> been deleting stuff like crazy. HAHA
>
> Betty

> > Completely off the hard drive.
> >

> > "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
> >> Does anyone know if deleting objects from within the game deletes
> >> them
> >> completely (as in off the harddrive) or just from the game (as in
> >> there
> >> still out there someplace)???
> >>
> >> tia
> >>
> >> --
> >> deb
> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >> ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...

When you click on the object, then the recolor (or just the object itself if
it is a new mesh), you will see a small trashcan icon on the right lower
side of the window. Just click that to delete the object or recolor.

"ssjkm" <nanajn@home.com> wrote in message
> How do you "delete" them in the game. I sell them back when they are
> "BLUE", but I don't see where to actually "DELETE" them. Someone said
> something about an icon that looks like fabric, but I don't see that
either,
> where is it? I have alot of stuff that won't work in University, and it's
> near impossible to figure out which is which in the "download" folder.
> Thanks!
>

> "d-b_enson" <d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote in message
> > If you have them backed up in another area of the hard drive, it won't
> > delete those. Just those
> > that are in the game. I have mine backed up to another hard drive. I've
> > been deleting stuff like crazy. HAHA
> >
> > Betty
> >
> > "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > > Completely off the hard drive.
> > >

> > > "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message

Thanks, I'll look for it!

ssjkm wrote:
> How do you "delete" them in the game. I sell them back when they are
> "BLUE", but I don't see where to actually "DELETE" them. Someone said
> something about an icon that looks like fabric, but I don't see that
> either, where is it? I have alot of stuff that won't work in
> University, and it's near impossible to figure out which is which in
> the "download" folder. Thanks!

The icon that looks like a bunch of fabric swatches can be found in Buy
mode. It is catty cornered and down to the left of the eyedropper. I think
they call it the design tool. Click on it and you can go in and click on
any of the objects and change the color to one of the recolors you have
downloaded. That way you can redecorate without paying full price for new
objects. It costs $15 to re do each item.

Jeanie