Please Help! Confused with lots of questions!

Trojan94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
(Please try to read the whole thing and answer all the q's)
First of all I'm building a gaming rig with the i7 920 and can't decide what mobo to buy, so please give an answer (I need SLi)I mean some of the mobo's like msi or foxconn or asrock or are pretty cheap but are they any good? If not which oe would be? like will they last long(like 3-4 years) so if they do which brand of X58 should I get. I'm gonna buy a gtx 275, so which company I heard the bests were evga xfx and bfg so which one has good life? also If I run two 275's in Sli what power PSU should i get? Also I'm gonna overclock the 920 to 3.0 or 3.2 Ghz will that damage it? If I do Overclock it what cooling system should I get? As in I heard the HAF 932 was pretty good but wil that keep everything kool? (cpu,gpu,ram,mobo,hdd) If not please tell me what CHEAP cooling system would be good? O therwise I egt always get just an ordinary case and get seperate coolers for the cpu and gpu? what should be good?

This setup is gonna cost me a LOT! So what do u guys think should I get a PS3? Does anyone know whether the mochip for PS3 is gonna come out?(The one through which we can play pirated games on it)

Thanx! I know it woz terribly loong! Please answer all the questions

hefox

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
For the motherboard, I suggest Asus or Gigabyte.
A good case with a decent price is Coolermaster HAF 932.
I don't advice you to change gpu's cooler.
For the CPU, I will buy something like Thermalright Ultra-120 with Noctua or Scythe fan.

Trojan94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
but asus's customer service is really bad and many of asus's products are really bad quality and as for gigabyte: i never use any gigabyte products and really dont want to since it got a really bad customer reviews but it all comes down to asus rampage II and evga classified the price diff. between them is like $10 so im happy with evga
ohk with the HAF 932

hefox

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
You are contradicting yourself. You are saying that Asus is bad but you want to buy one. When Asus and Gigabyte are selling so many motherboard, is normal to have a bigger number of people complaining comparing to the rest of motherboard manufactures.
Anyway here a link with a review between Evga and Asus P6T:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/evga-x58-sli-classified_9.html#sect0
As you can see a £160 motherboard is better than a £300 one. Now maybe they have better drivers, true but still. What is the point of spending so much for almost nothing better?

Trojan94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
still lots of people complain, that even though asus's stuff is cheaper they have bad quality, i dont really care if the board is a little slower, its only by a few fps the question is which one will have better life?

hefox

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
You said a good word "cheaper". We are not talking about cheaper motherboard here. Are x58 which are top end motherboards so you should be worried about the quality. Anyway if you are not sure than choose Gigabyte. Too bad that Abit is not on the market anymore.

Trojan94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
@hefox:
do you think the intel dx58so would be good? it has great reviews, no one has any complains about its quality, yet the downside is that there only 4 RAM slots, and they only support up to 1333mhz........ so all I rally care avout is the product quality , so yet i dont wanna go over $400 just for a motherboard!

hefox

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
No, I don't suggest to buy Intel x58. You can't find complains because very few people bougth it and people that want to OC don't buy Intel motherboard. As I said you should go with Asus or Gigabyte.

Trojan94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
are micro mobo's e good? Since I'm gonna build my pc with 2 gtx 275's so if I use the evga X58 micro mobo or ne other micro atx mobo wont the gpu's become like really congested and since they'll be close together they're temperature's will rise won't they?If not then how's the evga micro sli mobo it only costs like $210

Trojan94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
thanx for the help hefox ive decided to buy a normal evga E759(i think that's the model) it costs only 270 but its got 6 ram slots and supports 3-way SLI 16x16x8 thats good enough for me. But can you recommend a good case, one that has good airflow and will keep my mobo and other things cool and my las question how much power does this setup need:
core i7 920
evga E759 Sli mobo
4-6 Gb ram ddr3 1333Mhz
evga gtx 285
samsung 23" HD monitor
pioneer dvd-rw,dvd-r
750 GB WD HDD(SATA)

hefox

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I have Coolermaster HAF 932 and has very good airflow. I recommend it. If you want something smaller, let me know. This is a full tower case.
You don't need more than 650W. I recommend Corsair.
Ohh...and get 3 or 6 Gb ram because i7 is tri-channel.
The motherboard looks nice but...I wouldn't buy it.
You are paying a lot. You can get even better result with a more cheaper motheboard and the same quality.
Buy this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131365
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128362