Bios won't show up on first boot.

mega proto

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Update: I think its might because of a Parity circuit failure according to this diagnostic code list from MSI. What is it and can this be the reason it isn't showing.

This is my first build and I can't get bios to come up. Does any one know what to do? I have connected the dvi cable from my monitor into the mother board (has integrated graphics), but after turning it on nothing shows up on the monitor screen. I will appreciate any help I get, since this is almost the last thing I need to do to get my pc to work (I need another sata cable for the hard drive and need to install windows.)

My Parts are:
1. MSI NF750-G55 AM3 Motherboard
2. AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition AM3 CPU
3. A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) RAM
4. Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner
5. Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALS 1TB Hard Drive (Not Connected)

Solution
yeah 2 beep is problem video / parity error , and you got blank screen , this problem with VGA , RMA it ..good idea but hear again :

- 2 short beep : parity error
- 1 long+ 2 short : Adapter video error
- 1 long + 1 short : DMA controller 1 failure: The DMA controller IC for channel 1 has failed. If possible,

just sample : other problem with 2 beep :

you have a parity error in your first 64K of memory. First check your SIMM's. Reseat them and reboot. If this doesn't do it, the memory chips may be bad. You can try switching the first and second banks memory chips. First banks are the memory banks that your CPU finds its first 64K of base memory in. You'll need to consult your manual to see which bank is first. If all your memory...

mega proto

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011

Two Beeps, so I am pretty sure it is defective. I have used DVI and VGA which are the two main video connections for computers (I am pretty sure). Anyway, I am sending it back to newegg so, can someone please tell me how I can close this question. (If I can)

yeah 2 beep is problem video / parity error , and you got blank screen , this problem with VGA , RMA it ..good idea but hear again :

- 2 short beep : parity error
- 1 long+ 2 short : Adapter video error
- 1 long + 1 short : DMA controller 1 failure: The DMA controller IC for channel 1 has failed. If possible,

just sample : other problem with 2 beep :

you have a parity error in your first 64K of memory. First check your SIMM's. Reseat them and reboot. If this doesn't do it, the memory chips may be bad. You can try switching the first and second banks memory chips. First banks are the memory banks that your CPU finds its first 64K of base memory in. You'll need to consult your manual to see which bank is first. If all your memory tests good, you probably need to buy another motherboard / RMA

Solution