Spino

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Hi, i have an IBM ThinkPad T30 Type 2366 running Windows XP SP2 with 256RAM installed, when i put the other RAM on the next slot it does not recognize it = some say the slot might be dead so i am still budgeting to buy a single 512RAM. But currently my big worry is that my CPU spec is Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.00GHz but sadly running at 718MHz. I have tried resetting bios to default didn't win, disable speedstep didn't win and re-installing OS SP2 again didn't win; i highly need help now. at least to run at 1.7/8GHz would be better. :(

Spino

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Yes the CPU was there plus the 512 MB memory was there, but after a long time it fails to give light to the screen that's when the RAM problem began, then i remove one RAM it lights; install it, it lights without light. then i permanently remove the second RAM.

Have you tried pushing it a bit too see if the clock increases?

Apologies, let me rephrase.

By push I mean increase the workload to as close to 100% as possible. You mentioned that you disabled Speedstep, but it might be useful to check what the CPU does under a high load. I believe there is a piece of software called prime95 that can be used to stress-test your CPU.

Spino

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Thank u...

I have just downloaded the software now Prime95 currently busy on it, but unfortunately before i re-install my XP-SP2, my cpu was always overloaded without running huge programmes@100% usage. But the CPU run at 718 MHz though.