4Gig Max ????

Hi All
OK I have a Gigabyte P35 S Series P35DS3P it has 4 mem slots and I have 2 x 2048 DDR2, Cm 2048 640c 5 5-5-5-18. according to what I have found out although I have 4 slots the max memory I can use is 4 gig??? any help appreciated
Confused
5 answers Last reply
More about 4gig
  1. what kind of help do you need exactly?

    if your mobo maybe limited to 4gigs max so if you were aiming to get 8GB in total, your motherboard will not show anymore than 4GB.
  2. O.K
    So if I add another 4 gig it will perform better but not show it,??????
  3. russellie said:
    O.K
    So if I add another 4 gig it will perform better but not show it,??????


    your board supports up to 8GB.
    it will surely not perform better if it not show all the ram - the board must address all that you've put in, and more important - the os need to be capable of using so much ram.
  4. russellie said:
    Hi All
    OK I have a Gigabyte P35 S Series P35DS3P it has 4 mem slots and I have 2 x 2048 DDR2, Cm 2048 640c 5 5-5-5-18. according to what I have found out although I have 4 slots the max memory I can use is 4 gig??? any help appreciated
    Confused



    We've established that your motherboard is capable of 8GB.

    So - What operating system are you using? Because if your OS is 32 bit, then you *are* limited to (less than, actually) 4GB. But that's not the the motherboards' problem- It's a limitation of the OS.
  5. Scotteq said:
    We've established that your motherboard is capable of 8GB.

    So - What operating system are you using? Because if your OS is 32 bit, then you *are* limited to (less than, actually) 4GB. But that's not the the motherboards' problem- It's a limitation of the OS.


    Thanks
    Yes it is a 32 bit!!!!!! I guese I will have to make do I am running Vista basic and from what little info I have upgrading to a 64 bit can have its limitations on the gaming side.
    Russ
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory DDR2 Gigabyte