Does clearing CMOS on ASUS P6T clear OC Profile(s)?

Particleman529

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
Hi,
I recently purchased a pre-built, overclocked, water-cooled system. The builder (a functionally illiterate ebay gamer guy who builds these systems) shipped a really messed up system that hasn't worked well :fou: - or at all since shipping. The guy decided not to honor his 'lifetime waranty'. Oh well, live and learn.
Some Basics
CPU: I7 975
Heat Block: Heatkiller R3.0
Radiator: 2-Radiator system, Feser Dual 240 down / smaller 240 above. Operating System: Vista 64
Mobo: ASUS P6T / Bios 0603 / 1336 socket
Video Cards: 2 - NVIDIA / BFG GTX 280's / H20 / BFG GeForce GTX 280 Mem: 12 GB Mushkin ddr 1550 /- 50mHz

I can't load either of the OC profiles from the BIOS Tools ppanel that ASUS provides. I can see the names, but upon specifying the profile, it returns to the default. ASUS support suggested that I clear the CMOS, then attempt to load. My question, doesn't clearing CMOS also clear the existing profiles?

Thanks, Particleman529

Particleman529

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
Well,
I cleared the CMOS, now I'm able to access my profiles that I've built. So, the answer for this problem - no, clearing the CMOS doesn't clear the existing profiles for this board (at least it didn't here).