Sign in with
Your question

Did i get lucky with my 955 BE?

Last response: in CPUs
July 30, 2009 9:11:03 PM

The reason i'm wondering this is because on full load, with the stock cooler the max temp was 48 degrees Celcius. This seems alot lower then what most other 955 users report. I also already have a Corsair h50 water cooler, and now i'm just waiting for the am3 bracket to arrive. I'm also wondering what else you judge a chip by to tell if you got lucky.

And by lucky i mean the opposite of a bad egg chip that overheats and can't oc well.

More about : lucky 955

a b à CPUs
July 30, 2009 9:33:45 PM

sounds lucky enough to me. with the h50 u should get at least 50% overclock.
m
l
July 30, 2009 9:41:01 PM

jimishtar said:
sounds lucky enough to me. with the h50 u should get at least 50% overclock.

=D
m
l
Related resources
October 27, 2009 12:45:04 AM

I just got my 955 BE and H50 also. The cpu is running at 3.5ghz on 1.38v (I think I could actually bring it lower or even put it at it's stock voltage and stay at 3.5). I dont remember what the temp was under load but idle it was about 41/42 degrees. With the corsair my idle is 28-30. When browsing and listening to music I sit around 33. I ran Prime95 for 30 minutes the most I hit was 49 degrees. Sooner or later I'll run Prime95 overnight but I'm pretty sure it will hover around 49.

I've got a HAF 922 case with a Storm Force fan. The Storm force is designed for the Storm series. I ordered the Mega flow but ewiz sent me the Storm. I decided to keep it and found I like it, it pushes more air and isn't that much louder. The H50 is in a push pull configuration with the fan it came with in the pull position and the stock HAF 922 rear fan in the push position (it's not as strong as the fan Corsair provided). I have the air exhausting out not in as Corsair recommends. The setup itself pushes tons of air out of the case and it's not completely silent but it's much more silent than running a HSF. I think with some Noctua fans it'll even be quieter but prob not much as I think the side and top fans make the most noise (which is still not much). When the stock cooler started spinning up under load it was quite loud. It's almost eerie to not hear the fans speeding up under load. I believe the H50's fans are running at around 1770 and 1400, but they really aren't all that loud.

With better cabling and some better fans I think my temps could go even lower. I also have a MSI GTX 275 which vents air into the case but with the two 200mm fans the inside of the case really doesn't get that hot.
m
l
October 27, 2009 12:51:18 AM

Bah get an air cooler :D 
m
l
October 27, 2009 1:46:40 AM

ch1ll1ng said:
I just got my 955 BE and H50 also. The cpu is running at 3.5ghz on 1.38v (I think I could actually bring it lower or even put it at it's stock voltage and stay at 3.5). I dont remember what the temp was under load but idle it was about 41/42 degrees. With the corsair my idle is 28-30. When browsing and listening to music I sit around 33. I ran Prime95 for 30 minutes the most I hit was 49 degrees. Sooner or later I'll run Prime95 overnight but I'm pretty sure it will hover around 49.

I've got a HAF 922 case with a Storm Force fan. The Storm force is designed for the Storm series. I ordered the Mega flow but ewiz sent me the Storm. I decided to keep it and found I like it, it pushes more air and isn't that much louder. The H50 is in a push pull configuration with the fan it came with in the pull position and the stock HAF 922 rear fan in the push position (it's not as strong as the fan Corsair provided). I have the air exhausting out not in as Corsair recommends. The setup itself pushes tons of air out of the case and it's not completely silent but it's much more silent than running a HSF. I think with some Noctua fans it'll even be quieter but prob not much as I think the side and top fans make the most noise (which is still not much). When the stock cooler started spinning up under load it was quite loud. It's almost eerie to not hear the fans speeding up under load. I believe the H50's fans are running at around 1770 and 1400, but they really aren't all that loud.

With better cabling and some better fans I think my temps could go even lower. I also have a MSI GTX 275 which vents air into the case but with the two 200mm fans the inside of the case really doesn't get that hot.

You can definitely run 3.5 at a voltage lower than 1.35, i can run 3.4 ghz stable at 1.225
m
l
!