Testing TRIM command

I want to test the TRIM command on my SSD (Crucial RealSSD [why "real?" Is someone selling fake ones with tiny hidden hard drives?] C300 128GB) under Windows 7.

I know that fsutil will tell me if the command is enabled in Windows. What I would like to see is an end-around test that sends the TRIM command to the drive and tells me if the drive actually processed it. Preferably without having to fill up my drive to degrade it, trim, and then speed-test to show that it's not degraded anymore!

Is there a simple way to verify that the drive is actually responding in some way to the TRIM command?

Thanks!

sub mesa

Distinguished
RealSSD probably because it uses a real controller; Micron C300. Alot of other SSDs use less powerful NAND controllers, such as JMicron, Toshiba and Samsung.

You can not test if TRIM works directly, though you can test its effects. Probably you should start running AS SSD, which lists your I/O storage driver which is crucial for TRIM support. It should say either msahci, pciide.sys or iastor.sys for Intel controller driver. Any other driver would not support TRIM, even though the command-line app tells you TRIM is activated; that only applies to NTFS itself.

TRIM has to travel from your filesystem to the NAND controller:

NTFS filesystem issues TRIM request -> (RAID driver) -> (Storage driver) -> NAND controller.