How to Upgrade Antec ISK 300-65 Power

Belmevian

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
I was looking at upgrading the Antec ISK 300-65s 65 watt Power adpater to a Dell XPS 1730 AC Adapter w/ 6 ft. Cord 230 Watt one. Will this work to get 230 Watts of power? How can I upgrade the DC/DC Power board or Adapter and have it work? What do I need to do to get at least 220 Watts of power, would prefer 400 watts. But I don't know if there's a way to get that much with a DC/DC power board.

I would get a Pico PSU, but I only have 60mm (W) x 60mm (H) x 220mm (L) Room for a PSU. Any help is much appreciated.
...............................................................2 3/8"..........2 3/8"..........8 1/4"................................................................................

Is there any products out there that could fit in this space or any adapters with a DC/DC power board out there that supply more than 200 watts?

Solution
Hi Belmevian, Im also trying to upgrade the PSU on this case, however i have opted to part ways with the DVD slot (as I have not used one in years, you can always install via USB) to make room for a slim 320 watt unit and make an "extension" from the psu to the outside of the case. Also, the problem lies in the PSU airflow, either the intake or the exaust has to be facing directly to a honeycomb panel (or make new ones) so it wont overheat.

I will post images as Im buying and assembling the parts already.... Just realized this is a really old (maybe dead) post.

Belmevian

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Case : Antec ISK 300
Motherboard : Zotac 9300-d-e
CPU : Core 2 Quad Q9550OS
Memory : 4 GB (2x2gb) Patriot Viper DDR2-800 PC6400
HDD : 80 GB Intel X-25 Solid State Drive

Video Card : None yet

I was looking to upgrade the power adapter so I would be able to power everything and possibly add a Low Profile 9600GT in the future. I cant find any solutions as to get 220 Watts to Power my computer. And in the future I will probably add a Low Profile video card. Any help is appreciated. Or add a Pico PSU that could supply 220 watts of power?

XA3021

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Hi Belmevian, Im also trying to upgrade the PSU on this case, however i have opted to part ways with the DVD slot (as I have not used one in years, you can always install via USB) to make room for a slim 320 watt unit and make an "extension" from the psu to the outside of the case. Also, the problem lies in the PSU airflow, either the intake or the exaust has to be facing directly to a honeycomb panel (or make new ones) so it wont overheat.

I will post images as Im buying and assembling the parts already.... Just realized this is a really old (maybe dead) post.

Solution