ParabolicProductions

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
I am looking into building a top of the line desktop for audio creation and processing etc. i was just wondering what would be the most suitable motherboard to use when creating this sort of computer regardless of price or any other spec.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Well, if you know what kind of software and audio hardware you plan on using, then I suggest designing a computer around the listed requirements. If the software is multithreaded, then go for a quad-core processor. If it requires Windows Vista, you'll be fine using Windows 7. Get plenty of RAM as well (6-8GB should be good). If the audio hardware requires a certain PCI slot, then make sure you have an available PCI or PCI-E slot. If you want to have a dedicated graphics card (would be good if you have any visual representations of your audio), then make sure the PCI-E slot is out of the way of the video card. If you want the best protection from any interference, make sure the audio hardware is located as far as possible from the video card (video card on top, sound card on the bottom perhaps).