RUNDLL Error upon startup

When I boot up and windows finishes loading (or very close to loading all system tray apps) I get two messages (both say the same thing).

Title Bar: RUNDLL
Message: Error loading C:\Windows\sdkss32.dll
The specified module could not be found

This dll was removed by my virus program that labelled it as some sort of spam program. I believe this to be correct, so I'm not worried about that per say. Just trying to figure out how to remove the "boot" command that is telling my computer to look for the dll.

Would definitely appreciate the help, as I know enough to get myself in trouble but not enough to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Gray

"Gray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I boot up and windows finishes loading (or very close to loading all system tray apps) I get two messages (both say the same thing).
>
>Title Bar: RUNDLL
>Message: Error loading C:\Windows\sdkss32.dll
> The specified module could not be found
>
>This dll was removed by my virus program that labelled it as some sort of spam program. I believe this to be correct, so I'm not worried about that per say. Just trying to figure out how to remove the "boot" command that is telling my computer to look for the dll.

Check your startup settings to find out what is causing this.
Applications that start with Windows can be found here:
- the WIN.INI, section [windows], entries "run=" and "load="
- the Registry keys
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
- the folders
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
See also "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows
XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560). There is something
left that still points to the spam program, so find this entry and
delete it.

--
(tm)