Emulation Software and Sims 2

Can anyone please tell me how to make sims 2 work without the emulation
software detected error ?

I have tried:

1. Creating a new Windows XP User
2. Creating a Alcohol image and using daemon tools

I still get the emulation software detected error.

please help,

alex
9 answers Last reply
More about emulation software sims

    Uninstall the emulation software you have as it is obviously messing with
    sims2.

    "alex_25" <alphag_25@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > Can anyone please tell me how to make sims 2 work without the emulation
    > software detected error ?
    >
    > I have tried:
    >
    > 1. Creating a new Windows XP User
    > 2. Creating a Alcohol image and using daemon tools
    >
    > I still get the emulation software detected error.
    >
    > please help,
    >
    > alex

    alex_25 waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!)
    - tried again and came up with:
    > Can anyone please tell me how to make sims 2 work without the
    > emulation software detected error ?
    >
    > I have tried:
    >
    > 1. Creating a new Windows XP User
    > 2. Creating a Alcohol image and using daemon tools
    >
    > I still get the emulation software detected error.
    >
    > please help,
    >
    > alex

    How about using the CD instead of an image?

    --
    --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

    "Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
    > alex_25 waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!)
    > - tried again and came up with:
    > > Can anyone please tell me how to make sims 2 work without the
    > > emulation software detected error ?
    > >
    > > I have tried:
    > >
    > > 1. Creating a new Windows XP User
    > > 2. Creating a Alcohol image and using daemon tools
    > >
    > > I still get the emulation software detected error.
    > >
    > > please help,
    > >
    > > alex
    >
    > How about using the CD instead of an image?

    <whack>

    > --
    > --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    > Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
    > "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
    > "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
    > Mwahahaha!

    Bluegenie2 waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
    (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
    > "Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> How about using the CD instead of an image?
    >
    > <whack>

    Thanks. I needed that...

    --

    > Bluegenie2 waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
    > (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
    > > "Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> How about using the CD instead of an image?
    > >
    > > <whack>
    > >
    > Thanks. I needed that...

    You are quite welcome sir :)

    > --
    > --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    > Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
    > "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
    > "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
    > Mwahahaha!

    I have uninstalled all emulation software. I have either uninstalled or
    never had Alcohol 120, Daemon Tools, Clone CD, Clone DVD, Nero,etc

    Any other solutions ?

    > Uninstall the emulation software you have as it is obviously messing with
    > sims2.
    >
    > "alex_25" <alphag_25@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone please tell me how to make sims 2 work without the emulation
    >> software detected error ?
    >>
    >> I have tried:
    >>
    >> 1. Creating a new Windows XP User
    >> 2. Creating a Alcohol image and using daemon tools
    >>
    >> I still get the emulation software detected error.
    >>
    >> please help,
    >>
    >> alex

    Write down the exact error message and post it here.
    Contact maxis about the problem and tell them what you have told us.
    When you uninstalled the programs, did they fully uninstall or leave bits of
    themselves throughout your system, including your registry?

    > I have uninstalled all emulation software. I have either uninstalled or
    > never had Alcohol 120, Daemon Tools, Clone CD, Clone DVD, Nero,etc
    >
    > Any other solutions ?

    > > Uninstall the emulation software you have as it is obviously messing
    with
    > > sims2.
    > >
    > > "alex_25" <alphag_25@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > >> Can anyone please tell me how to make sims 2 work without the emulation
    > >> software detected error ?
    > >>
    > >> I have tried:
    > >>
    > >> 1. Creating a new Windows XP User
    > >> 2. Creating a Alcohol image and using daemon tools
    > >>
    > >> I still get the emulation software detected error.
    > >>
    > >> please help,
    > >>
    > >> alex

    If you have more than one drive for inserting discs, ie CD drive and
    DVD drive, 2 cd drives, OR any virtual drives, whatever, try disabling
    all but the one you're going to put the disk in through system device
    manager (right-click, properties, look for dropdown and change to "do
    not use this device (disable)"). Then try running the Sims. If its
    successful, you can re-enable your other drives. If not, I don't know
    what to tell you.
    I've had this happen in one machine that had a DVD and a CD burner but
    NO emulation software whatsoever having ever been installed, one
    machine that had a virtual drive by way of Alcohol 120%. This trick
    worked for both of those. I've also had an install go fine with no
    complaints about emulation software even though Alcohol 120% was
    installed and the virtual drive was enabled. Go figure.

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:44:11 +1000, "alex_25" <alphag_25@tpg.com.au>
    wrote:

    >I have uninstalled all emulation software. I have either uninstalled or
    >never had Alcohol 120, Daemon Tools, Clone CD, Clone DVD, Nero,etc
    >
    >Any other solutions ?
    >
    >"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >> Uninstall the emulation software you have as it is obviously messing with
    >> sims2.
    >>
    >> "alex_25" <alphag_25@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    >>> Can anyone please tell me how to make sims 2 work without the emulation
    >>> software detected error ?
    >>>
    >>> I have tried:
    >>>
    >>> 1. Creating a new Windows XP User
    >>> 2. Creating a Alcohol image and using daemon tools
    >>>
    >>> I still get the emulation software detected error.
    >>>
    >>> please help,
    >>>
    >>> alex

    I just found this on the sims2 site.
    Apparently it is a big enough issue that they put it in the help section
    now.
    http://eagames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eagames.cfg/php/enduser/sims2_std_adp.php?p_faqid=15775&p_created=1095270252&p_sid=XDHATbDh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTEmcF9wcm9kcz00NzQsMzAyNiZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PTIuMzAyNiZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9d2luZG93&p_li=&p_topview=1

    "byte me ;)" <plzdie_kthx@ns.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If you have more than one drive for inserting discs, ie CD drive and
    > DVD drive, 2 cd drives, OR any virtual drives, whatever, try disabling
    > all but the one you're going to put the disk in through system device
    > manager (right-click, properties, look for dropdown and change to "do
    > not use this device (disable)"). Then try running the Sims. If its
    > successful, you can re-enable your other drives. If not, I don't know
    > what to tell you.
    > I've had this happen in one machine that had a DVD and a CD burner but
    > NO emulation software whatsoever having ever been installed, one
    > machine that had a virtual drive by way of Alcohol 120%. This trick
    > worked for both of those. I've also had an install go fine with no
    > complaints about emulation software even though Alcohol 120% was
    > installed and the virtual drive was enabled. Go figure.
    >
    > On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:44:11 +1000, "alex_25" <alphag_25@tpg.com.au>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I have uninstalled all emulation software. I have either uninstalled or
    > >never had Alcohol 120, Daemon Tools, Clone CD, Clone DVD, Nero,etc
    > >
    > >Any other solutions ?
    > >
    > >"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    > >> Uninstall the emulation software you have as it is obviously messing
    with
    > >> sims2.
    > >>
    > >> "alex_25" <alphag_25@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

Sims Emulation Software Video Games