Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ECS Motherboard.

Last response: in Components
July 31, 2009 8:24:09 PM

I just bought an ECS mobo modelG43T-M micro atx with 4 ram slots .It states it can hold up to 8 gigs of ram but I have been reading that some cannot get to read any more than 2 2gig ram chips.Can't I put a total of 4 2gig ram modules (if they are the same) with a 64 bith OS.Thanks.The mobo is for a pentium dual core E6300 775 socket

More about : ecs motherboard

a b V Motherboard
July 31, 2009 10:47:48 PM

well, why did you by the ECS, that company makes (for the most part) junk motherboards, i would recommend you return it to get something of quality like ASUS, AsRock, MSI, Gigabyte (not this order)

i suppose if you have a friend you could try to put 8GB of memory in, though like i said, i would return it for a different board
m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
August 1, 2009 2:45:22 AM

Check the board website for recommended memory. I use 4 sticks of crucial on my g33 ecs board.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2009 5:34:19 AM

Jackietools said:
I just bought an ECS mobo modelG43T-M micro atx with 4 ram slots .It states it can hold up to 8 gigs of ram but I have been reading that some cannot get to read any more than 2 2gig ram chips.Can't I put a total of 4 2gig ram modules (if they are the same) with a 64 bith OS.Thanks.The mobo is for a pentium dual core E6300 775 socket

It's often really about the quality of the RAM. Higher quality RAM generally uses lower speed or lower timings to improve stability. Honestly, most of the "performance" RAM I've tested started out as high-quality RAM, but was turned into a mediocre product (stability wise) by overrating its capabilities (ie, requires overclocking methods to run "right").
m
l

Best solution

August 1, 2009 6:20:58 PM

mindless728 said:
well, why did you by the ECS, that company makes (for the most part) junk motherboards, i would recommend you return it to get something of quality like ASUS, AsRock, MSI, Gigabyte (not this order)

i suppose if you have a friend you could try to put 8GB of memory in, though like i said, i would return it for a different board

They are not totally junk. I have some of them running in various customers for years without any problems. Asus motherboards gave me more trouble actually than ECS. Gigabyte has always been strong.
Problems often happen when people buy ECS motherboard to save $ there, then a weak PSU to save $ again, rather bad vented case with poor USB cable that cause front USB data error,... and put all the blame on the motherboard. My last ECS motherboard was coupled with an OCed Phenom 9500 and G.Skill RAM, running Vista. Stable, error free and even Vista was nice.. I did this computer to prove my point about quality component to someone that would think that ECS was scrap, Phenom bugged as hell and will crash too often and G.Skill memory being not the best.. powered by a quality Silverstone 500W PSU. Almost 2 years after, everything is still running great.

Budget board are just that. Not really good OCer, or the fastest, but still good enough for normal computing.
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2009 6:34:43 PM

Having read all of that, I agree that many ECS board problems probably do stem from the fact they are the basis for a budget build, with less than high end products used through-out the build, probably causing any short comings of the hardware to surface quickly.

So, I guess I will change my thinking of ECS boards, and by the way I have had several.
I will not consider them junk anymore.
I change my opinion of them to "very bottom of the barrel, use them only if given to you free, and you will never ever be able to afford anything else at any cost"
m
l
August 1, 2009 8:17:57 PM

Crashman said:
It's often really about the quality of the RAM. Higher quality RAM generally uses lower speed or lower timings to improve stability. Honestly, most of the "performance" RAM I've tested started out as high-quality RAM, but was turned into a mediocre product (stability wise) by overrating its capabilities (ie, requires overclocking methods to run "right").

Thanks for the advice as I am relatively new to my own builds.What do you think of pqi RAM ddr2 800 pc2 6400 5-5-5-15.Hopefully it"ll read the 8 or I'll have to settle with 4 unless you have any reccomendations.Thanks
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2009 8:57:44 PM

Jackietools said:
Thanks for the advice as I am relatively new to my own builds.What do you think of pqi RAM ddr2 800 pc2 6400 5-5-5-15.Hopefully it"ll read the 8 or I'll have to settle with 4 unless you have any reccomendations.Thanks

I've never tried PQI, for standard systems with 4 DIMMs I usually use Crucial or Kingston standard-voltage parts and if I still find a problem, raise the voltage slightly.
m
l
August 1, 2009 9:53:02 PM

Crashman said:
I've never tried PQI, for standard systems with 4 DIMMs I usually use Crucial or Kingston standard-voltage parts and if I still find a problem, raise the voltage slightly.

Thanks for the advice
m
l
!