Is my asus M2NBP-VM CSM PCIE connection broke

zmogedra

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
Hello one day I woke up and tried turning my pc on, but nothing was displayed on monitor, only LED was blinking not even a table with "No Video Signal", but I could hear windows booting up. Then I tried using integrated video card and it worked. My first thought was "VGA is dead", but no I have tried it at my friends PC and it worked.. Could this be the motherboard?

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Could be your PSU isn't putting enough juice out anymore - what's its rated output?

Does the integrated video work when the GPU is installed? Without changing BIOS? If so, review the BIOS choices related to video - which is started first, etc...

zmogedra

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
My PSU 350W, yes integrated card still works with GPU installed. But I haven't done anything to bios, no updates unless they are automatic.

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
My goodness, I hope you never have any automatic BIOS updates!

If your friend is willing to let you borrow his power supply, try it in your system and see if the card works. If it does, time to get a new one!

You may also want to try clearing your CMOS and using the Optimal Defaults on it. This will remove any custom settings you have in BIOS, so be sure to review all these settings, take notes and save the CMOS if allowed.

If that doesn't fix it, when you reply be sure to include more details. Make and complete model of motherboard, GPU, etc...