Your question

First PC build 2600k and asus evo oc questions

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Asus
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 6, 2011 4:50:36 PM

Hey Guys Ive just built my first PC with the help of everyone here. The setup is..

Case haf 932
i7 2600k 3.4/8
Asus P8p67 Evo
Asus GTX 570
WD 1 TB 7200rpm 64 bit hdd
COrsair ax 850 psu
MEM 4Gx2|GSKILL F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL 1333 mhz
Corsair H50

Ok, my questions are the stability of the system. I've setup two OC profile's with the asus software for overclocking. One of them is at 4.841 mhz for gaming @ 1.37v. runing P95 for a hour and my temps were 58,64,65,67. Idle it's at 26,28,28,30. Is this safe?
Also is it safe for me to switch these profile's back and forth as needed. The other question I had was my RAM. Can I oc my ram safely to 1600mhz? And the last question is my GPU. Whats a safe overclock for the gtx 570?
I basically just wanna know what the safest way to go is for all 3 of the items being oc'd. What should I oc everything to and have a long life of the hardware? Thanks again guys!!

More about : build 2600k asus evo questions

a b à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b K Overclocking
February 6, 2011 7:02:38 PM

What makes you want to switch overclocking profiles? If your 4.841GHz overclock is stable, why not just use that permanently? That voltage and those temps are well within safety margins. This site recently did a two-part bottleneck test/comparison for 20 modern games. It shows the benefits of overclocking (or rather, the lack thereof) when gaming. You should read through it. Part 1 Part 2

You might be able to get that RAM to 1600, but it's not guaranteed and the effort required won't get you much in performance gain. You have a powerful system and the RAM certainly isn't holding you back, so just leave it at stock speed. You should read this article about memory speeds and performance.

For the GPU, a 'safe' overclock is whatever you can get it to without artifacts and graphical anomalies. Just don't mess with the GPU voltage much and you'll be fine.
February 7, 2011 12:41:06 AM

The reason why I was switching profile's was I figured that not leaving it at 4.8 all the time would give it more lifetime. But I guess I was wrong lol:)  Thanks for that information, very useful articles!!
!