Maxis object gone walkabout...

On of my original ingame sidetables have disappeared from the game.
They still appear on houses that previously had them, but using the
eyedropper tool brings up a different table which I downloaded
recently.

*ponders*

Why is it so?

~*~
vecki
8 answers Last reply
More about maxis object walkabout

    Get rid of the downloaded table and your default should come back.
    Remember that all the downloads are still in beta and some bugs do occur.
    Some newer creators clone the object but don't change any other info so it
    ends up replacing the old object.

    vecki wrote:
    > On of my original ingame sidetables have disappeared from the game.
    > They still appear on houses that previously had them, but using the
    > eyedropper tool brings up a different table which I downloaded
    > recently.
    >
    > *ponders*
    >
    > Why is it so?
    >
    > ~*~
    > vecki

    The same thing happened in my game to one of the chairs, the plastic scoop
    egg shaped chair.It's just gone.

    Jeanie

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:55:11 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

    >Get rid of the downloaded table and your default should come back.
    >Remember that all the downloads are still in beta and some bugs do occur.
    >Some newer creators clone the object but don't change any other info so it
    >ends up replacing the old object.

    I've had this happen with one of my chairs. Can I delete the
    downloaded object ingame or does it need to be searched out while the
    game isn't running?

    Kim

    "KimM" <kimm@warped.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:55:11 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Get rid of the downloaded table and your default should come back.
    > >Remember that all the downloads are still in beta and some bugs do occur.
    > >Some newer creators clone the object but don't change any other info so
    it
    > >ends up replacing the old object.
    >
    > I've had this happen with one of my chairs. Can I delete the
    > downloaded object ingame or does it need to be searched out while the
    > game isn't running?
    >
    > Kim

    You can delete it 'in game'.

    Bluegenie2 said:

    "You can delete it 'in game'."

    I say:

    AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Aaaaaaaaaaahhh! I deleted it 'ingame' and the
    original tables which were still visible in the houses have
    disappeared, along with whatever was on them! (Which included Michael
    Bachelor's urn in Nina Caliente's house). No more ghostly visitations
    in Nina's house...

    *weeps*

    ~*~
    vecki

    Rumpel said:

    "Have you restarted the game? I had a chair disappear, I found out
    which
    file I had to delete, deleted it in the game and after restarting the
    game the chair was back."

    I wasn't going to look at it tonight, but I think I might, now, just to
    see what happens. But given that the table itself has completely
    vanished from houses where it had been sitting, I'm not holding out
    much hope. :-(

    ~*~
    vecki

    Have you restarted the game? I had a chair disappear, I found out which
    file I had to delete, deleted it in the game and after restarting the
    game the chair was back.

    Bianca

    vecki wrote:
    > Bluegenie2 said:
    >
    > "You can delete it 'in game'."
    >
    > I say:
    >
    > AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Aaaaaaaaaaahhh! I deleted it 'ingame' and the
    > original tables which were still visible in the houses have
    > disappeared, along with whatever was on them! (Which included Michael
    > Bachelor's urn in Nina Caliente's house). No more ghostly visitations
    > in Nina's house...
    >
    > *weeps*
    >
    > ~*~
    > vecki

    UPDATE:

    Table has returned to the catalogue (hurrah! twas the little end table
    with criss-crossed legs), but I imagine it will need to be rebought in
    the houses that it belonged to.

    Next time I play I'll go back to the Caliente house and see if
    Michael's urn comes back...

    ~*~
    vecki

Sims Games Video Games