Maxis object gone walkabout...

Last response: in Video Games
April 14, 2005 10:43:31 PM

On of my original ingame sidetables have disappeared from the game.
They still appear on houses that previously had them, but using the
eyedropper tool brings up a different table which I downloaded
recently.

*ponders*

Why is it so?

~*~
vecki

More about : maxis object walkabout

Anonymous
April 15, 2005 5:55:11 AM

Get rid of the downloaded table and your default should come back.
Remember that all the downloads are still in beta and some bugs do occur.
Some newer creators clone the object but don't change any other info so it
ends up replacing the old object.

"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On of my original ingame sidetables have disappeared from the game.
> They still appear on houses that previously had them, but using the
> eyedropper tool brings up a different table which I downloaded
> recently.
>
> *ponders*
>
> Why is it so?
>
> ~*~
> vecki

Anonymous
April 15, 2005 6:22:12 AM

vecki wrote:
> On of my original ingame sidetables have disappeared from the game.
> They still appear on houses that previously had them, but using the
> eyedropper tool brings up a different table which I downloaded
> recently.
>
> *ponders*
>
> Why is it so?
>
> ~*~
> vecki

The same thing happened in my game to one of the chairs, the plastic scoop
egg shaped chair.It's just gone.

Jeanie
April 16, 2005 8:49:14 PM

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:55:11 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>Get rid of the downloaded table and your default should come back.
>Remember that all the downloads are still in beta and some bugs do occur.
>Some newer creators clone the object but don't change any other info so it
>ends up replacing the old object.

I've had this happen with one of my chairs. Can I delete the
downloaded object ingame or does it need to be searched out while the
game isn't running?

Kim
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 8:24:40 AM

"KimM" <kimm@warped.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:55:11 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
> >Get rid of the downloaded table and your default should come back.
> >Remember that all the downloads are still in beta and some bugs do occur.
> >Some newer creators clone the object but don't change any other info so
it
> >ends up replacing the old object.
>
> I've had this happen with one of my chairs. Can I delete the
> downloaded object ingame or does it need to be searched out while the
> game isn't running?
>
> Kim

You can delete it 'in game'.
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 8:31:23 PM

Bluegenie2 said:

"You can delete it 'in game'."

I say:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Aaaaaaaaaaahhh! I deleted it 'ingame' and the
original tables which were still visible in the houses have
disappeared, along with whatever was on them! (Which included Michael
Bachelor's urn in Nina Caliente's house). No more ghostly visitations
in Nina's house...

*weeps*

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 4:25:19 AM

Rumpel said:

"Have you restarted the game? I had a chair disappear, I found out
which
file I had to delete, deleted it in the game and after restarting the
game the chair was back."

I wasn't going to look at it tonight, but I think I might, now, just to
see what happens. But given that the table itself has completely
vanished from houses where it had been sitting, I'm not holding out
much hope. :-(

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 1:12:14 PM

Have you restarted the game? I had a chair disappear, I found out which
file I had to delete, deleted it in the game and after restarting the
game the chair was back.

Bianca

vecki wrote:
> Bluegenie2 said:
>
> "You can delete it 'in game'."
>
> I say:
>
> AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Aaaaaaaaaaahhh! I deleted it 'ingame' and the
> original tables which were still visible in the houses have
> disappeared, along with whatever was on them! (Which included Michael
> Bachelor's urn in Nina Caliente's house). No more ghostly visitations
> in Nina's house...
>
> *weeps*
>
> ~*~
> vecki

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 8:50:57 PM

UPDATE:

Table has returned to the catalogue (hurrah! twas the little end table
with criss-crossed legs), but I imagine it will need to be rebought in
the houses that it belonged to.

Next time I play I'll go back to the Caliente house and see if
Michael's urn comes back...

~*~
vecki
!