Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Moving Sims from nieghborhood to neighborhood

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 7:59:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I posted once and asked how to do this, and someone said save the house
in the one neighborhood, move it to the houses bin (taking the family
with it), then go to the other neighborhood, take the house out of the
houses bin, and place it. Sounds logical. But when I tried it for the
first time last night, the house now crashed the game in the new
neighborhood. Not only that, but I noticed saving the house to the bin
and then installing it in the new neighborhood location took a very long
time--the little progress bar would stop at about 1/4 of the way through
and sit there an awfully long time (a couple minutes) before finishing
the transfer.

Has anyone else had this problem? I did a restore to move the house
back to its original neighborhood, Strangetown, but I really would like
it in Pleasantview.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 11:42:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 03:59:15 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Has anyone else had this problem? I did a restore to move the house
>back to its original neighborhood, Strangetown, but I really would like
>it in Pleasantview.

Dunno what to say exactly. It's always worked for me that way. And
yeah, it takes a heck of a long time... and all relationships get
nulled out, except for the people within the house itself. Luckily,
the family tree etc. remains, so if you move them back, they won't
marry their cousins or anything... or is that possible? hehe
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 12:41:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:425F3C1A.2010706@earthlink.net...
>I posted once and asked how to do this, and someone said save the house in
>the one neighborhood, move it to the houses bin (taking the family with
>it), then go to the other neighborhood, take the house out of the houses
>bin, and place it. Sounds logical. But when I tried it for the first time
>last night, the house now crashed the game in the new neighborhood. Not
>only that, but I noticed saving the house to the bin and then installing it
>in the new neighborhood location took a very long time--the little progress
>bar would stop at about 1/4 of the way through and sit there an awfully
>long time (a couple minutes) before finishing the transfer.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? I did a restore to move the house back
> to its original neighborhood, Strangetown, but I really would like it in
> Pleasantview.
>
> --
Yes, I have experienced the same thing. Sometimes a house will move but the
next one will play up blind.
Also sometimes parts of the plot will not reset in the new neighbourhood.
Bits of ground become unusable. This can usually be spotted when placing the
house as red patches occur.
Unfortunately I found no way of resetting back to normal other than putting
the place back in the original neighbourhood, moving the sims off into the
smallest empty plot, shifting them to the new neighbourhood, plonking them
down, then moving them into the new sim bin.

This had nothing to do with downloads or hacks as it also happened very
early in a reinstalled game. Just one of those peculiar glitches. The
Beakers seemed to be very prone to not liking a new neighbourhood. I
wondered if it had to do with all the underground building that had taken
place in their original home. Although i had flattened out the dump, they
only move happily on a brand new empty plot.

No help, but you are not alone.

Granny.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 1:13:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Granny Grumpling wrote:

I'm with you until this part:

> Unfortunately I found no way of resetting back to normal other than putting
> the place back in the original neighbourhood, moving the sims off into the
> smallest empty plot, shifting them to the new neighbourhood,

What do you mean "shifting them to the new neighborhood"? Can you move
empty lots somehow? Via the houses bin?

--
--Cuth
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 6:35:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

You can move both empty and occupied lots to new neighbourhoods via the
houses bin.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM



"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:42602E7F.1020103@earthlink.net...
> Granny Grumpling wrote:
>
> I'm with you until this part:
>
> > Unfortunately I found no way of resetting back to normal other than
putting
> > the place back in the original neighbourhood, moving the sims off into
the
> > smallest empty plot, shifting them to the new neighbourhood,
>
> What do you mean "shifting them to the new neighborhood"? Can you move
> empty lots somehow? Via the houses bin?
>
> --
> --Cuth
>
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 10:48:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:QR_7e.12664$5F3.4045@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> You can move both empty and occupied lots to new neighbourhoods via the
> houses bin.
>
> --
> Morituri Nolumus Mori
>
Aw, nuts. After all my typing, in the other email, if that is all I will go
spare...

It is strange though. During that installation of Sims2, I had all sorts of
peculiar things happening involving the house bin. They disappeared when I
started again.

On one occasion a roof disappeared. Really. It left me the triangle ends,
but no tops. Queer.

GG
!