Raid 0 problemslems

G

hello my MB is asus M4A86GTD PRO/USB3 go to bios settings change to raid then save reboot press ctrl+f and crate raid 0 missive from WD2500js (250gb) & Samsung HD321KJ (320GB), inserting win 7 DVD and start setup then setup can display any harddrive then put usb flash whit drivers and show driver location setup find drivers and show hard drive but I can install then press next hi say "setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate on exiting system partition. see the setup log files for more information" there can be problems

MultiPress

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
Not sure what the problem is but:

I) Are you sure that both HDD's are working and properly connected to your raid controlller ?

II)If you you might check again your raid settings and make sure you added both drives to your Raid 0 cluster.

PS: i would't recommend those HDD, since Raid 0 uses to mirror your data over both hard disks you end up with 70GB unused space, because of the different size of your disks.

sideshowbob32

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Using different size disks for a raid 0 is not a good idea you should stick with 2 of the same for raid 0 your just setting your self up for problems even if you get this to work and like MultiPress said your not going to be able to use 70gb of space.