Windows wont start and now wont let me reinstall

thegibbler

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
hi for a while iwas noticing that my computer was slowing down (q9450 evga 780i evga gtx280 4 gb ram 4 hard drives 2 250s 1 500 1 raptor 36gb) soo i thought i would restart to see if that would help then after the green loading bar goes the screen just went black and did nothing for a reallly long time soo i reinstalled windows and it worked fine i installed the updates the updates needed to restart and it did the same thing got stuck at the black screen i did notice that the install took longer then normal but once i got it working it was fine
any help would be very nice

Hi.
For a while I was noticing that my computer was slowing down:
Q9450
evga 780i
evga gtx280
4 gb ram
4 hard drives, 2 250s, 1 500, 1 raptor 36gb

So I thought I would restart to see if that would help. Then, after the green loading bar goes, the screen just went black and did nothing for a really long time.
So I reinstalled windows and it worked fine.
I installed the updates. The updates needed to restart, and it did the same thing, got stuck at the black screen.
I did notice that the install took longer then normal but once I got it working it was fine. Any help would be very nice.

There you go, I helped. The little dot thingy and the shift and return keys are your friends.

PSU?
Specific RAM modules?
Case?
Other cooling?
Operating System?
Anti-virus software?

All temperatures according to:

Real Temp
AND
HWMonitor

If you cannot get into the OS at all try safe mode with network support.