Sign in with
Your question

[Monitor] Acer X233H to a Mac pro *help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 20, 2009 12:32:25 AM

Hello All

i have a dell 24" as my main monitor plugged into a Mac pro dual 3gz with the Ati x1900 card

i am trying to plug in the acer x233h using the hdmi to dvi cable (10')

the acer says "no signal" when plugged in to the 2nd dvi port on the Ati card

the Mac pro does see the monitor within system preferences as well as 'about this mac'

curious to why if the computer sees it that there is no signal to the monitor

thanks to all :) 
-geoff
May 20, 2009 3:50:29 AM

Check and see if you can select a different input on the monitor itself. As far as laughing at the mac, have you used a mac? I have my home built pc, but I've also got my mac certification for work.
Related resources
May 20, 2009 10:30:37 AM

yeah i have tried all the buttons on the acer but without a signal it seems not to show up.

pc builder for years then in the last 8yrs been working in macs
(soon to get cert.)

thx :) 
May 20, 2009 1:57:38 PM

But, it just works?
May 20, 2009 2:04:56 PM

Are you sure that you are using the right kind of DVI adapter? I ask because there is something like 5 different kinds of DVI. I am wondering if you are using one that does not carry the RGB signal, and thus making your monitor not realise that its getting a signal.
June 2, 2009 2:19:34 AM

You may also want to check the refresh rates.

I recently was trying to connect a Mac mini to my HDTV and couldn't get it to work. I kep trying to change the resolution when connected to my PC monitor and then re-connect it to the HDTV and I'd get no picture. I finally connected it to the HDTV and then used a VNC client (TightVNC) to remote into it. I was then able to see the available settings it detected for the HDTV...had to use the 59.9hz refresh rate instead of the 60hz. Weird, but it worked great after that.
June 2, 2009 2:24:41 AM

emcinerney said:
You may also want to check the refresh rates.

I recently was trying to connect a Mac mini to my HDTV and couldn't get it to work. I kep trying to change the resolution when connected to my PC monitor and then re-connect it to the HDTV and I'd get no picture. I finally connected it to the HDTV and then used a VNC client (TightVNC) to remote into it. I was then able to see the available settings it detected for the HDTV...had to use the 59.9hz refresh rate instead of the 60hz. Weird, but it worked great after that.

kool, thanks
i will try that

cheers :) 
!