How do I get directx 11 back in vista64

I installed a free game which came with my 4670 video card. Unfortunately it installed directx 10 over directx 11, so now I have an older version.

I do video editing.

Is there any way to get directx 11 back?

Thank you
7 answers Last reply
More about directx back vista64
  1. You never had directx 11. You have directx 10.1, unless you don't have Vista SP1 yet, in which case you have 10.0. 11 should be available with SP2, but you'd need to replace your video card in order to get the full benefit.
  2. cjl said:
    You never had directx 11. You have directx 10.1, unless you don't have Vista SP1 yet, in which case you have 10.0. 11 should be available with SP2, but you'd need to replace your video card in order to get the full benefit.



    I saw 11 somewhere. Maybe it was while I was running Windows 7 as I have a dual boot system.

    In Vista64, i ran system restore and ran it back to 'before updating direct x" and now I have version 10 as you say. I didn't look at the exact version but you are probably right, it's 10.1. I'll check next time I'm back on the desktop pc - using my notebook right now.

    Thanks.
  3. DX11 hasn't been released yet.
  4. cappaj1 said:
    I saw 11 somewhere. Maybe it was while I was running Windows 7 as I have a dual boot system.

    In Vista64, i ran system restore and ran it back to 'before updating direct x" and now I have version 10 as you say. I didn't look at the exact version but you are probably right, it's 10.1. I'll check next time I'm back on the desktop pc - using my notebook right now.

    Thanks.

    7 has DX11, yes.

    Note that DX10.1 won't show up in dxdiag. You can test it by downloading the ATI ping pong demo (which is pretty fun to screw around with anyways). It'll only run if DX10.1 is working.

    http://ati.amd.com/developer/demos/rhd3000.html
  5. cjl said:
    7 has DX11, yes.

    Note that DX10.1 won't show up in dxdiag. You can test it by downloading the ATI ping pong demo (which is pretty fun to screw around with anyways). It'll only run if DX10.1 is working.

    http://ati.amd.com/developer/demos/rhd3000.html



    Think that'll work with Windows 7?
  6. It should...

    It works in my Win7 install.
  7. :( i almost went to the demo, but, im at a friends house with my laptop, stupid radeon x1600 mobility and your dx9 capabilities
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Video Editing Directx Graphics