What do you think of my rig question

OK, this thread is not meant to point to anyone at all, ots more a construction of reasonings.
If someone asked me in person, with a totally expected truthful answer from, what do you think of my rig, first thing comes to mind : Isnt it too late?
Anyone one else who has these types of thoughts run through their mind when asked certain questions, please post question and thoughts here
TY

4745454b

Titan
The one I like is when they ask after its to late, but then defend their poor choice. I used to work with a guy who tried telling me the 8500GT that came with his TD bundle was faster then my x1800XT. (mostly because his card was an Nvidia, and a little bit because his card had 512MBs ram while mine only had 256MBs.) If your open to the idea that you might have made a bad choice so you ask the question, be prepared to accept the fact that you might have chosen poorly.

It also might not be to late. If you've ordered, you can always return if your still waiting for the parts to ship.

Yes, indeed. "Now you ask?"

The power supply questions - "But it's only $40." It's like I'm at work, dealing with Saudis. They want to do everything on the cheap.

Dual or quad core?

Overclocking - "I want to overclock my <fill in the blank here> and reach <fill in the frequency here>."

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

I agree with that. Unless people are posting a parts list to get some input on pricing/performance I think it is a show off post.

It doesn't bother me too much though because I understand where it comes from. No one that I know cares about building systems or even knows what overclocking is so you have to bring it to the forums where people give a hoot. No body understands me :cry:

Too late? Yeah I think that too. I almost feel bad when people drop money on the wrong parts but they should have researched a bit better or asked beforehand.

I am getting a little tired of the "which GPU to buy" posts taking over the GPU section though. People need to look into this themselves and learn up.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006

LOL^^^^