I have setfsb 2.2, how do I use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g335

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Hello

Have setfsb 2.2 and it opens on my Dell XPS 420 Q6600. I want to try oc the cpu but I dont know what values to set where.

How do you use this software and what settings do I use?

Hi.

You need know that chipset has your mobo, use CPU-Z to get that info. After that, run the program and look for the same chipset.

Start to rise the FSB in little steps and test for stability, keep your eyes in the temps using HWMonitor.

P.D. Tom's hardware, Tom's hardware owner or me AREN'T responsible if you damage your rig trying to overclock, this your entire responsibility.

g335

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008

What numbers will let me know when I hit 3ghz?
For current cpu frequency do I set it on MMT or QPC?

g335

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008

I fiound the right chipset

I do not know what value to set the fsb slider. When I move the sliders the cpu speed doesnt change, only fsb values.

If you can barely work setfsb I would not suggest even thinking about pin mods. I have fried a few chips in my day doing pin mods thank god they were BS chips I was just messing with from the P III and P4 days. You will want to keep an eye on your temps but you should not have a problem since you will not be able to raise the V-Core voltage..

A Pin Mod is where you either isolate a pin from making contact or you are jumping two pins together very dangerous if you don't know about working with this kind of stuff. You could kill the motherboard and CPU and everything connected to it so if you value your computer DO NOT TRY IT.

Agree, pin mods ISN'T for you more with a DELL rig and without too much overclocking experience.

g335

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008

Theres a difference between not knowing and not trying. I am new with this so I need to ask questions, thats why I like this forum. I have to learn how to do things if I am going to do the overclocking. Reading info and people actually communicating with you are different. I can ask about things and get feed back vs only reading a article.

I appreciate everyones help. Please help me understand I can learn how to overclock.

I have setfsb working now. I wanted to know if there was anything else I need to know when doing this. It works. I put the system up to 2.6ghz. It was stable. So I am going to raise it a little more and see how it does. Going to run 3D Mark to see what kind of performance I will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.