Mac versions of Sims - any good? Sims 2 due soon!

I've just been admiring the new space saving Macs in my local store. You
know - the ones with the screen and hard disk etc. combined.

I got cornered by the salesperson eager to sell me the new mini version
which, fortunately for me (I am an impulse buyer), was not powerful enough
to run Sims2 well.

Told him this, hoping to get away but then he connected with the internet on
one and found that Sims2 for the Mac was due on May5/6 on their sales site
and would run on one of these beautiful, more expensive versions.

Thank God that I then found that I had forgotten their storecard!

That mini, though, would be ideal for my sister-in-law who is an email
freak. Her tv cable email service has broken down, probably under the
strain!

Is there a Shopoholics anonymous somewhere? I know my storecard is
somewhere around the house and the store is on the internet!

formerly
Skeatsan''co

aahz

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005

You can get a similar idea as a PC from HP. There are small (1'X1'X1') boxes
out there too, try a >ahem< real computer store before rushing into the most
un-expandable computer on the market today...

"Fizziwig2" <atthebackofthenorthwind@kingdomcom.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've just been admiring the new space saving Macs in my local store. You
> know - the ones with the screen and hard disk etc. combined.
>
> I got cornered by the salesperson eager to sell me the new mini version
> which, fortunately for me (I am an impulse buyer), was not powerful enough
> to run Sims2 well.
>
> Told him this, hoping to get away but then he connected with the internet
on
> one and found that Sims2 for the Mac was due on May5/6 on their sales site
> and would run on one of these beautiful, more expensive versions.
>
> Thank God that I then found that I had forgotten their storecard!
>
> That mini, though, would be ideal for my sister-in-law who is an email
> freak. Her tv cable email service has broken down, probably under the
> strain!
>
> Is there a Shopoholics anonymous somewhere? I know my storecard is
> somewhere around the house and the store is on the internet!
>
> formerly
> Skeatsan''co

I know, but I've always wanted a Mac and have an HP computer already. HP's
are very good PCs though and I want network it.

I like my department store though. It always matches prices if you can find
the item priced lower elsewhere, always gives a free two year guarantee, has
the lowest storecard/credit terms of any store in the uk and a visitable
complaints department!

The trouble with other shops or computer companies is that they disappear
with depressing regularity. I had one such and I now go for the safe
option.

Skeats

Fizziwig2 wrote:
> I've just been admiring the new space saving Macs in my local store. You
> know - the ones with the screen and hard disk etc. combined.

Keep in mind with all of these all in one machines that if one thing
breaks that it can be very hard (and expensive) to repair or replace it.
We had two Apple SE's (one of the first Apple computers, also all in one
machines) and after a time of good use the screens were "worn out"
(don't know if that is good english), they weren't replaceble or
repairable, so we had two perfectly functioning Apples that we couldn't
use! I don't know how it is with the new Macs, if it is possible, and if
so if you can do it yourself, but I've always been very hesitant with
buying all in one machine's (doesn't matter if it's a computer,
printer/scanner/fax or tv/video combination).

Bianca

TRENDING THREADS