Overclock crash.

Aldoni

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Hi everybody! I have an MSI motherboard (x48c platinum with ddr2 & ddr3). I have the latest version of firmware on the board (7.4) I believe. I have 8gb ddr3 xms installed (pc3-12800) from corsair (cmx8gx3m4a1600c9 XMS3 8GB PC3-12800). I have an quad core q9450 with the corsair h50 liquid cooler. I have Windows vista ultimate 64 bit installed on a caviar black (500GB). Finally, I have the EVGA GTX 260 super-clocked version. Mainly, that's my gaming computer. cuz I got another one that I do other stuff on. Would someone please tell me the best way I can get that computer over-clocked and I have tried and failed with the specific configuration to set it on. Please help me! I've spend a lot on that to enjoy my games.... I really count on your help....

Read the guide posted above that should help you alot. There is no way we can really tell you to set this to that and so on. Every chip reacts differently when overclocked some need more voltage then others to remain stable it is all trial and error stuff so read the guide and start experimenting.