a b V Motherboard
October 16, 2009 10:39:26 PM

Asus P5B Deluxe
Windows XP Pro SP2
CoreDuo 6600
3GB RAM

Hi,

My problem has to stages:

Stage 1 (during 5 past months). Suddenly Keyboard (both PS2 and USB) not working during boot time (any chance to access to bios setup or Windows boot settings). When XP launches, keyboard working properly. So I dealed with it and didn´t worry, but....

Stage 2 (today). Suddenly a black screen after XP launches. USB Mouse Pointer moves but Keyboard doesn´t work.
I have not chance to try a XP reparation (I can´t setup the bios for CD boot) or a different boot mode, as F8. I can not launch XP, I´m completely blocked, and next monday I have a deadline for a important work.

...So any help will be highly appreciated!!

Big thanks in advance.

Foldback
October 17, 2009 1:10:12 AM

get xp sp3
August 9, 2010 4:56:28 PM

Hi,
I have the same problem with the keyboard, though my system works properly, for now, with the USB keyboard. But still, I can't enter BIOS without PS2 keyboard. I'm concerned if my WIN7 crashes one day and I have to reinstall all over again that I won't be able to do anything because of the bloody dead PS2 port!

WHAT should I do (instead of buying new motherboard)?

Thanks in advance... Vlada
Related resources
August 16, 2010 12:01:57 AM

Hi guys,

I experienced this problem yesterday right after I overclocked my Q8300. I'm not sure why it happened, but I was able to correct it by simply unplugging the PS and then removing the 3V battery from the MB. I let is sit without any juice for about 30 minutes before powering it up again. What this does is it drains the power from the MB and the BIOS resets itself back to its defaults.

I was able to overclock the CPU again after without the same KB problem.

Hope this helps!

Charles
November 25, 2010 8:20:01 AM

Hi,

I have a Gateway computer with a wireless keyboard, mouse and fingerprint reader. A few months ago I noticed that my wireless keyboard stopped working in my BIOS during boot-up.

I had forgotten that I moved the wireless keyboard USB connector from one USB port to another. Well, my Gateway has four USB 1.0 ports and eight USB 2.0 ports.

When I moved my wireless keyboard USB connector, I inadvertently moved it into a USB 1.0 port. However my BIOS was set to recognize ONLY USB 2.0 devices.

The solution was to reinsert my wireless keyboard into a USB 2.0 port. However, I just as easily could have used a standard keyboard and then reconfigured my BIOS to recognize USB 1.0 only. :wahoo: 

Ken
!