jjbtexas

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
put everything together plugged it in and turned it on and nothing shows. all the parts are getting power and everything seems to be running ok but the screen is completely blank.

i swapped out the video cards and thats not the problem
i tried just using one stick of ram and that didn't work either
i even tried a different monitor

i am pretty sure it is a mother board issue but i want to be sure before I send it back

Core i7 920
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 O.C. Edition
2x GTX 285 in SLI
OCZ RAM (the one with the i7 stamp on it)
Tx 850

jjbtexas

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
i put the speaker on and i did not get any beeping, the cables should be right because they worked when i put the gtx 285 in another system

jjbtexas

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
i looked and the part at the bottom where it says pull out everything except the cpu psu and motherboard and you should get beeping but i didn't get any at all

jjbtexas

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
i tried a different PSU and that wasn't the problem either, im pretty sure it is a problem with either the CPU or Motherboard, what do yall think, im not getting any beeps (EVER) and still no video output at all

nickhoff

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
The P6T Deluxe Mobo has a certain way to install the RAM. Do you have the RAM in DIMM A1,B1, and C1? If its tri channel ram it should be in the color slots. If you read the mother board manual it will explain it to you. If you tried just one stick of RAM what slot was it in?

nickhoff

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Did you try different sticks when trying just one stick of ram? It could be the stick your using is defective. Is your RAM Tri Channel?

Now I re-read your problem, it sounds like the PC is running, but you have no input to the monitor. If your PC components are working and everything looks like its turing on then the RAM isn't your problem.

If everything is starting up for a split second then turns off that would probably be your RAM. I don't see it being your mobo if everything is working correctly. Probably a stupid question is your video card plugged in correctly and using the correct two power cables?

I'm going to have to disagree with that statement. I've seen quite a few people posting on here where all the fans were running and everything seemed good other than no video output and the problem turned out to be faulty RAM. I've also had an experience with my personal computer where the computer would power up, but not display signal. I tested each stick of RAM individually and found out that one stick was faulty. The computer worked fine when I replaced the RAM.

jjbtexas

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
fixed, it was the RAM after all

i was answering from memory earlier and when i got home realized i wasn't putting it in the orange but the black, needless to say dropped it in the orange and its been working ever since

thanks for all your help guys

I don't mean to be a jerk, but this sure seems like one of those times where reading the manual sure would have saved you a lot of heartache. That's why it's #1 on the checklist linked in the very first reply to this thread.

jjbtexas

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
yeah I kinda feel stupid looking back on it, it just didn't make sense to me that you would start at the second slot from the CPU but that's what I get for not reading